Princess Guards

This is to why Sydney didn't tell Noah about all their past in one go. Just imaging Noah knowing all the things about Sydney's past and Maria's slanders about Sydney's temper. He would have thought that she had problems and in no case should be allowed around his kids. He would have pitied her but not grant access to his kids. So, for Sydney, the best shot is to let him remember or recall things on his own or win his trust to the extent that nothing can shake it, 

*******************

Sydney patiently waited for Noah's return. It had been two weeks since the incident with Maria. Kids were gone to bed and asked for Noah. It was the first time when Noah wasn't there with her to wish them goodnight. But Sydney told them it can happen sometimes.

She was happy that Noah agreed to look for the treatments and knowing it will help in dealing with his fears or mend the bond with his family got them more serious about the whole procedure that consisted of hypnosis, acupuncture, and sound healing. So, today was important. It was his first session. Though Sydney offered him company he wanted to get into this alone on the first day.

Sydney walked to the door listening to his car pulling in the driveway. Her shoulders felt light when she saw him coming with the roses and cake. It wasn't the first day when Noah arrived with flowers but if he got flowers today too it means the therapy wasn't too burdensome.

Noah leaned in to give a peck on her lips. "Thank you," Sydney said pulling away and receiving the gifts.

"You can ask me if you want to," Noah smiled and this really got Sydney excited, was there something he recalled? She thought.

"Tell me all about it," Sydney smiled as they both walked to the dining area.

"You won't believe what I saw," Noah cleared his throat,

"What did you see?" Sydney could feel her heart quickened,

"As for one, the procedure really got me relaxed after such a hectic day." Noah came to sit on the dining table while Sydney got her arms around his neck, "Second...the only thing I saw was two of us...on our bed."

"You are kidding," Noah could hear her disappointment.

"If you ask me, I am happy...and think about it. You wanted me to recall how we made our kids, right?"

"When did I say that?" Sydney's brows shot up.

"Remember you yelling at me how I don't even remember wanting them. Well, now I saw making them," Noah smiled as if he had won some battlefield. While only Sydney knew how difficult it could be for him to cope with his past.

"Noah! I,...I am sure you didn't see that moment. It must be some other time of us." Sydney said but her cheeks were getting hot.

"Why are you sure?" Noah asked,

"Let it go. Tell me how it was like,...anything else that you recalled prior or about our action," Sydney too didn't know what she was talking about but the last thing she wanted was to recall how they made their kids.

"No,...they say it can be events coming to me. It is normal if I can't connect those events to other series of incidents...they say it was huge progress." Noah added the last part doubting if she was happy about it. So, he looked at his back to say,

"You can tell me if there is something you really want me to know." Noah held Sydney's hand and took her hand to his mouth before adding, "You know I will believe you, right?"

"I am sorry. I carried away. You really did a great job today. Let's celebrate cutting the cake you brought." Sydney smiled and Noah recalled his therapist's advice to look at the pictures and talk to his wife about his old life more. But he felt tired and all he wanted to do was cut this cake, kiss his kids good night and have this amazing woman in his arms.