"Amber..."

Sydney waited for Noah's return or any news over him. Something about him leaving abruptly made her restless. Gideon did come out to have breakfast or answered any questions from Sydney but he was silent. And, he didn't even play the games over his cellphone. Instead, he had practically locked himself in the room with Nick because he didn't leave him.

Two hours passed but there was no news at Noah. Amber was chirpy as always while Nick tag along with Gideon to convince him to play the video games. Sydney was sitting in the living room waiting for Noah and looking at Amber coloring when she received a call on the landline.

"Mrs. Miller?...Mr. Gideon Miller has asked us to arrange a car for him. But Mr. Miller asked us to inform you of any such requests." Sydney heard and look around to find only Amber.

"Where he wants to go?" Sydney asked,

"He asked me to only prepare the car." The reply came making Sydney look at the stairs that were empty but were way to her boys. "No, he won't be going anywhere," Sydney said before hanging up the phone and went to the first floor. But the moment she was about to get inside the room she saw her boys getting out of the room.

"You two look great," Sydney commented,

"We have somewhere to go," Gideon said monotonous and Nick looked excited.

"May I ask where?" Sydney kept the smile on her lips unaffected.

"I am short on some supplies. And, he wants to tag along." This made Sydney look at Nick who nodded to second Gideon's claims.

"Gideon, you are...supposed to ask your parents or at least tell them," Sydney said giving him a questioning look this time.

"I was about to tell you. But you found me here,..."

"No,...look you can't trust the staff alone and ask them to drop you anywhere. Your parents should always know or be with you...Nick? Will you explain to me how this idea seems fine to you too?" Sydney asked to which Nick replied,

"He said we can go anywhere we want. And, I asked him to show me." This made Sydney look at Gideon back.

"You two can't go anywhere you want. Not until you are big enough to know and understand that parent's approval is necessary for a five-year-old." Sydney said making Gideon frown.

"If we can't trust the staff, change the staff." Looking at Gideon's disappointed look Sydney's heart squeezed when she said, "Even if I change the staff you need my permission. And, I am not permitting you,"

"I want some supplies..." Gideon insisted with his eyes widened,

"You can write it down I will arrange it," Sydney answered knowing how much Noah and Jasper were trying to protect them.

"I want to go out mom. I really want to go out." Gideon yelled making Nick intervene.

"You can come with us, mom. Then, it won't be a problem."

"No, I will ask the staff for the things. Listen,..." Sydney came on to her knees to get the eye level. And, removed the bag from Gideon's shoulder before adding, "You two are my big boys. It is not safe out there. Let's do the outing after some days. What do you say?" Sydney suggested believing they will trust her.

"Nick, was right. You are a coward." This made Sydney look at Nick in shock. Silence remained for a few minutes before Sydney added,

"Let's do it," Sydney got away holding Gideon's bag for him.

The moment Sydney came to cross the living room Amber couldn't help but ask, "Where you all are going?"

"Honey, we are leaving for a short trip to the mart. We will be home soon." Sydney replied but stopped when Amber whined,