Redhead Girl

Hello, my lovely readers.

I am updating two long chapters for Shattered.

Please share your thoughts on this chapter before proceeding to the next one.
**************

16 hours ago.
Noah's POV

We were approx. 10 mins away from Huntsville. And I was on my third smoke. It is our third last stop before this never-ending road trip will come to an end. The best things about this stop were that it's for only 10 hours and is famous for good sceneries. So, the only thing I was looking forward to was taking the best shots of the fields, lake, and their shops. All was good until a phone call destroyed it all. And now I am looking forward to attending a fucked up meeting that I never meant to attend. It was with some Italian tech company which is going broke and want us to buy their shares. Well, it is more like giving out a donation than a business and I just hate giving donations.

To me, the donation is nothing but a word that people twists or use to get their own benefit. So, I never made them. But this time is an exception. Because the owner of the company was used to be classmate with my grandmother. And this made me obliged to make this donation. Well, they call it business collaboration.

So, the call was not from anyone else but my grandmother. She lives in Mexico. Though I never asked for it my granny suffered a lot because of me and also is the women who brought me up. I used to live with her until I was 17 years old. She is the kind of woman who knows how to manipulate any man on the face of this earth. No one can guess what she thinks and will do in the next moment. Indeed a true Miller. Yea, a true Miller. She is not really my Grandmother but Grandaunt. Sister of my grandfather. Never got married and known as the guardian and pillar of Miller's family and the curse. It is not just a title. She really has the power to make any changes in the will and displace the whole family fortune.

As for the curse, I didn't believe in it. I think I was different. I thought I was smart enough to deal with anything life throws at me. But the moment curse caught up. I was left with nothing. All the more reasons to hate my own blood. But curse or not. I am the only rightful owner of the Miller name and enterprise.

My granny's biggest concern is my marriage. She knows everything about my past and doesn't hesitate to use it against me. Even in the past, she hired girls from time to time, to win my heart. And it was truly disgusting. How I came to know about this? Well, the pattern was all too same. That girl always had the looks like her. Same hair color, eyes, and even physique. The day I came to know about it I didn't contact granny for almost a year. All she ever care about is Miller's lineage. As I am the sole owner she does put up with my attitude. So, maybe one day I will give up and get married or just give her an heir.

Her concerns once got her to the level that she started digging up if I have an illegitimate child by mistake. Miller enterprise also has a secret detective agency. As I never got my hands on Miller enterprise I don't own that agency now. But it is only a matter of days. Once, this trip ends I will be the sole owner of Miller corporate.

As for my granny, she no longer cares if my child is out of wedlock. Though it is true that I am the sole owner of my tech company but my father's earliest investment in my business comes from Miller enterprise. Also making my grandmother have a hold on that company too. The only reason that I put up with my cousin is also my Grandmother. So, saying that I am living for the day she will die for good is not wrong. Because I don't want to see the day when Carol got her dirty hands on the Miller enterprise.

It's been 18 months when I last went to visit my Grandmother in Mexico. And that Carol visits Grandmother almost every month. She is even ready to give up the family name of her husband and will adopt the Miller title for herself and her kids if my granny agrees to give her Miller corporations.