Real Mom

Walking to the table she recalled all the worst times that now seem like a distant memory. She knew he was looking at her back so she kept it straight. Were these worth sharing with a person I wanted to spend my life with? She asked herself as a tear skipped her eye and she poured herself a drink.

"I was working in Boston for Mr. Saad. He owns a law firm." Sydney replied,

"Why you never visited me? Why only now?" She inhaled deeply before replying,

"I was told you died. I thought my kids were dead too," She replied facing him this time.

"And, you believed without looking at my body?" This made Sydney recalled when she left him wounded on the roadside.

"Your grandma told me that I have no place in this family. She refused me every right," Sydney knew he won't believe.

"Why she would do that?" Noah asked and she had to decide. She could chose to tell him everything and got things more complex or only tell him things he could handle.

"She never approved me as your wife," Sydney took a sip on the drink.

"Excuse me? Then how come that we ever got married," Noah got his arms crossed. And, this is when Sydney noticed how much Noah's aura has changed, for one he had become talkative.

"You were whipped by my beauty," Sydney passed him a sly smile.

Her answer made his interrogating face a little puzzled.

"You are indeed beautiful, Mrs. Miller but I am the man of resistance too," She noticed a smile she never saw before. Of course, he didn't have any baggage.

"Are you?" Sydney provoked and this made Noah look at her in wonder. Of course, she was his wife and if they were related she knew a lot of things he can't know.

"Fine! I only believe you because my granny could do this. I will have a talk with her. You didn't hide any fact from me until now. This is the very reason that you are here. I don't know how we lived in the past but you should know that lies can do a lot of bad things." Noah said as setting out new boundaries.

"Believe me, I am your wife and I am aware how much you hate lies." Sydney pressed her lips. Somewhere she knew she had lost her Noah. She could tell from his eyes that he didn't want her.

Who told you that I am alive?" This got Sydney out of her thoughts.

"I came across an article stating Miller enterprise welcomes Mr. Miller. I didn't believe it at first but then someone got me your picture." Sydney stated placing her empty glass back to the table.

"Why you didn't believe at first?" Noah was quick to ask,

"If my Noah was alive I would have known. He,...he can't live a single day without me." Sydney knew she should not have said it so she added to lessen the tension.

"Don't worry. I now know that my Noah isn't here. You don't need to feel,..."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Noah cut her off,

Do you think a woman who has tasted you can ever settle for anything else? She thought to say but refrain instead she looked deep in his eyes before asking, "What do you think?"

"You are beautiful. It will be a surprise if you were widowed for five years and didn't get into a relationship. You can tell me if you have had breakups in these five years. If I can live without Sarah and see Kate you have every right to move on too..." He stopped before asking,

"I must have told you about Sarah, right?" Sydney knew what she had to say,

"No, Noah. You never mentioned this name to me. But I know who she is? It was Grace who told me who Sarah was. I was eight months pregnant at that time and had a fight with you. I never shared I know because you must have talked about her if she was important..."