The Heaven

Today is my birthday and I hope you like this little gift from my side.

I was horrified looking at all the blood sprouting out of him. But the moment I was about to collect his head in my lap a sudden pull restricted my movements.

"Mommy?" Sydney startled but held her laptop carefully. She realized that she dozed off on her bed waiting over the email of a client that still hasn't arrived.

A crispy smile adorned her lips when she held her arms around the small heaven who has reached up to kiss her cheek.

"Good morning," Nick announced louder than usual.

"Good morning, I see from where this excitement is coming?" She looked at her coffee which was now cold.

"You didn't sleep, tonight?" Nick asked,
"No, I woke up early and had my nap already... Where is Abbey?" The last thing she wanted to do was recall the event she had the dream about. Sliding into the covers she tried to rest for ten more minutes and held nick to him.

"Abbey hasn't come. I will get late for school." Nick complained while Sydney had her eyes closed when she answered, "You won't,"

"We are still going to the theme park, right?" Shaking Sydney's shoulder Nick asked for the zillionth time this week while Sydney was a little tired to answer, "Yes"

"And, you will come too," Nick insisted now getting out of the covers that Sydney had pulled over him previously.

"I promise, I will," She uttered the words.

This gave Nick assurance because he knew his mother will never break any of her promises. She could get late but never breaks the promise.

"I will make some pancakes for you," Nick announced and ran out forcing Sydney to follow him in a hurry.
"What we talk about cooking?" One loud call halted any further movement from Nick's side.

"I can't cook until I reach there," He made a pout pointing to the stove.

"Now, go and wake up Abbey. I will set the breakfast for us." Sydney ordered securing her hair in a bun. Her grey t-shirt and pj's made her look like a college girl.

Her mind had a list of chores that she had to execute in the first hour reaching the office. With all these thoughts she switched on to business news and was almost done setting the breakfast for three when Nick appeared with a tired Abbey following.

Abbey was never a morning person but he had become a must part of Sydney and Nick. She was setting the plates on the counter with her ear still focused on the news when a piece of news made her heart raced. "... will be giving a speech in the United Nations. Carol Miller is leading the Miller Enterprise into a new,...and that's a home run."

Sydney startled and turned to look at Nick who had changed the channel to sports and then to Disney. She didn't stop him and let the two boys enjoy their favorite show.

"Abbey, you gotta finish it, honey. You are getting too picky nowadays." Sydney complained looking at Abbey who was letting out beans, and all the peanuts out of his plate.

"Sydney, I don't like it, I only want Pancakes." Abbey whispered,

"it's fine, mom. I will protect him if somebody picked on him," Nick said making Sydney furrow her brows.

"No, you will not do anything but inform me or Mrs. Saad," Sydney repeated the same line and she has realized she was using this line a lot especially since Nick was involved in a fight. The fight was over Abbey's protection but Sydney didn't want him involved in any fight at any age. She feared her boy turning into something she doesn't want.