His promise

"Noah," She called him and tried to find him in the person who just looks like a shell of the man she once knew. But his hard face was enough to tell her that she was all by herself once again. Why? She wanted to jerk him or yell at him but knew it won't change a thing.

Taking the hold on her crutch she started making her way out of the dining hall. A thousand questions roamed in her. But once out she sank to the floor sobbing.

"I am sorry, I am so sorry," She whispered to her child while leaning her head to the wall behind. No, it can't happen. He can't do this to us. She thought and the moment she saw Noah coming out of the hall she called him, "Noah, Why? Please, tell me you were not serious. I am so scared, Noah, please." She said hoping he will say that he is sorry. Or he didn't mean what he said. He will explain to her that he is happy that they were having a child but no. He just left. A sudden pang of anger took over her.

I won't let this happen. It is not about me anymore. Thinking this she followed him and get to his room saying, "Noah! You need to talk to me. You said you love me. What happened to that?"

"It is nothing. Just a little test. I just want to be sure." He replied getting to his closet. But she followed him to his closet saying, "Wanted to be sure of what? That I am carrying someone else's child or not? How can you think so low of me? Why you can't trust me after, all that time we spent together?"

She waited for his reply but he changed his clothes like she doesn't even exist. This is when she lost it. "I want a divorce." And this made him stop wearing the t-shirt he was getting into.

"I want a divorce and you will get your paternity test." She said with gritted teeth and started to walk away when she heard, "Come again," She turned to find a murderous look as he came even closer. She took her steps back until she felt the wall behind her. Looking at his hovering body on her she said,

"If you want a paternity test, I want a divorce." But this time her voice came breathy and low.

How can he do this to me? To our child? I hate him. She thought but jumped the moment he punched the wall beside her.

"I dare you to try and leave me, Mrs. Miller." She heard him growl.

"And I am not afraid of you, Mr. Miller because I love you." She said with tears in her eyes and he looked at her lost. On finding him silent she added holding his shirt, "I can't be away from you. I don't know why you are so changed? But you can't say you love me and then treat me like some keep at your place. Our child won't,...." With her emotions on the roller-coaster, she was heaving badly and her face cried out as a wave of pain made its way along her ribs.

"What?..." Noah asked but trailed off the moment she lost her conscious and fell in his arms.

"Mr. Miller, she has preeclampsia. A condition in which a woman suffers from high blood pressure whenever she is pregnant. Well, the baby is fine and her blood pressure is under control for now." Mr. Connor replied getting out of Noah's room.

"What would you suggest?" Noah asked,

"Nothing, you can't treat it. It is all about being careful. Let her don't be traumatic or else she can lose the baby." Mr. Connor said making Noah inhale deeply.

Getting in, he looked at her fragile figure. She wasn't thin like her old self but surely lost some pounds. He craved for those words from her mouth every second. And this is when he was destined to hear these words.

Sitting beside her he held her hand and grazed her cheek lightly. But then his stare went to her flat belly.

Carefully he put his hand on her stomach and rubbed it lightly. There were so many times when he waited for this moment in his life. And today when his wife told him that she is pregnant he felt nothing but doubts and hatred.