Fatal Secrets (Part 2)

"Yea,...you did but I don't know much about it because I was unconscious." Sydney tried to drift away from the topic.

"Were we married at the moment?" Noah asked and Sydney gave him weird eyes before telling, "No, we were not. But we got married shortly after...Is there anything that is disturbing you...I can explain..."

"No," Noah was quick to cut her off but Sydney couldn't help noticing his flustered face and red ears.

Sydney wondered why they had to get to his office but couldn't help reminiscing their first time here.

"Have a seat?" Noah made her sit on the couch while Sydney's heartbeat skipped looking at the files on the table.

"Is everything alright?" Sydney asked,

"Yea, everything is fine,...why do you look tense?" Noah asked holding her hand.

"We can have the talk later if you don't feel good," Listening to concern in Noah's voice Sydney relaxed a little and managed a smile. "I am fine,"

"I know I wasn't there when you wanted me most but I need to tell you something very important." Noah started,

"What is it?" Sydney whispered,

"Jasper didn't tell you about me or kids because the team did the best to save you..."

"I,...I don't want to hear it,..." Sydney cut him off,

"Listen to me,..." Noah trailed off before starting, "My granny was trying to kill you. I,...I know it is hard to believe...To save you, Jasper lied to her that you were killed. And, of course, you would have not stayed away if you knew I was alive and our kids are around." His heart clenched for the pain on her face and how she bit her lip so hard.

He held her hand before revealing, "I have applied for a restraining order against my granny. I,...I can't legally proceed with the whole procedure. She...she is old and have medical conditions but...if I ever got out of the picture. She will never have any claims on your kids. And, as long as I am around you she will be caged in her castle."

Sydney looked at him with doubts in her eyes. She knew how much he was attached to his granny for his own weird reasons because though Sydney had never seen her she knew that lady must look vile. She was still processing the news when he added, "Here, take it."

"What is it?" Sydney asked before getting the file from his hand.

"The file has easy interpretation to the all secret routes in all of the estates owned by Miller enterprise." She heard Noah say and asked,

"Why are you telling me all of this?" Sydney looked at him in confusion but noticed him retrieving a box.

"Let me complete, this wristwatch is bugged. Kids have their own gadgets and I will give one to Nick too. Kids know better than to remove it and you should too. Sydney..." Noah trailed off to show her how it opens from the back and make her see a string.

"You pull this string and authorities will know in an instant that you are asking for help and want to be tracked," Noah said and she looked at him with confusion.

"Why are you doing all of this?" Sydney asked,

"I can keep my granny away from you but until I don't find a way to put a leash on Carol's ways. We always need to be more cautious...I have made some arrangements..." Noah stopped before continuing, "Mr. Benz will leave for Germany in two weeks' time. I have invested in his father's company and he is very much interested in the deal."

"...Thank you." Sydney smiled a little. The realization that he made the effort to keep Maria away from her kids made her heart at ease.

"The file has information about an agent too. He will be on your payroll. Don't worry I have arranged an account for you to pay him for the five years. He will take orders from you only. So...when you feel to take a decision to protect yourself or kids you can use him to retrieve any information and order any action without my prior consent." Noah said and Sydney gaped at him before uttering,