Bad blood

"Why you didn't tell me about your kidnapping part?..." She heard Noah say and went silent.

"...you should have told me about Lucifer if I didn't remember. Did you..." Noah took in a deep breath as he felt Sydney's body getting tense, "You really thought I won't listen to you or what?"

"I...I,..." Sydney trembled not knowing how much he knew and how much he doesn't.

"You still don't want to share." Noah came again, this time with a serious tone.

"We...have been through so much Noah. I didn't want to risk your health,...you know I always encouraged to work on our past." Sydney's voice came out guilty.

"You don't need to sugar coat it. Just confess that you don't trust me enough to share anything at all...You have gotten used to deal your stuff all alone. Do you even want me?" Noah turned to look at her face.

"Of course, I want you." Desperation was evident in her voice. But looking at his hard jaw made her weak. "I,...I didn't want to shock you or..." She got her hands on his shoulders before whispering, "I can deal with anything except losing you. I am so weak Noah. I am so weak when it comes to you,"

"Sydney," Noah seethed before taking two long breaths to calm his nerves. The realization that she can't see him able enough to lean on irked him. He could only make her silhouette in her white flimsy nightgown but still, sense her panic. "Stop making my health an excuse, you can clearly see that I am fine after finding what happened to you. So, the least you can do is to share what happened? To share WHO ARE YOU?" He held her shoulders and jerked her to shake her senses before coming close to her mouth and saying, "I am tired of this endless loop."

"I,...We met when you were on a tour of my county." She started and it got Noah's hold on her shoulder minor. "I never asked you why you were there. My,...father's friend was my guardian. He,...is Maria's father too. You...told everyone that your name is Michael and presented your driver at your place." Sydney stopped to gulp. Even the thoughts of what happened were enough to shake her.

"I asked for your help...but you came to marry me instead. And, seeing no way out I married you. I,...it wasn't out of love or affection but time got us closer..." Sydney wanted to get over it when he asked,

"For what you asked help,"

"I,...I didn't want to marry the person I was to marry,..." she replied knowing to what it will lead,

"You had a fiancé?" Noah cut her off and got her breathing labored.

"Yea...no,...I,...didn't want to marry him. And, then you came and I said I do..."

"If you didn't want to marry him you could have said no. Why you needed me? Right? So, tell me, why I married you?" Noah bombarded her with the questions he could come up with totally ignoring her reluctance.

"I,...was scared," She shivered and felt cold.

"Why?" Noah asked,

"...I was twelve...he raped me. It wasn't my fault Noah. I was trying to,..." She didn't have to complete her sentence because the very next moment she was surrounded by the warmth of his arm.

"Don't...you don't need to...I am so sorry, I am so sorry, Sydney." He whispered holding her tighter with each passing second. Her sobs were the only thing echoing in the room as he held her closer and rubbed her heaving back.

Sydney couldn't help but wonder. She had thought about this moment a lot of time. And, sometimes regretted not telling him what she went through. But right now she felt nothing. She just wanted to get over with it.