Held

Can I have inline comments? I want you to express how you feel about an event without reading the next paragraph, (Believe me, it helps a lot,)

"You can call me Mrs. Miller," Sydney said and saw something changing in Noah's eyes.

"What your husband does?" Noah asked narrowing his eyes and notice the eyes he seemed to know from somewhere. Of course, he noticed the striking similarity of this woman's name with his ex-wife. But he needs to interrogate her. He was already very pissed with the fact that she didn't inform him about his kids traveling.

"Noah, come on you are scaring her." Grace's voice came.

"He is a,...tech guy," This time Sydney's voice came out low.

"And, he doesn't have any problem with you working 24/7?" Noah asked with his voice quite hard.

"Leave Noah you are scaring her," Grace said but couldn't make Noah look away from her.

"We don't live together," Sydney said looking up.

"Why?" Noah wasn't ready to let go of the matter. There was something this woman was keeping from him and he wanted to catch her in between her lines.

"He got lost," Sydney said and it made Noah still for a second before he came to the point.

"Were not you supposed to inform me if my kids were traveling?" Noah's answer made Grace and Michael curse under their breaths. But both got startled when they found Sydney saying,

"I helped them running away,"

"Excuse me?" Noah seemed pissed,

"Their great grandmother has some serious issues and completely incapable to have children." Recalling her kids were suffering all this time made Sydney even more daring.

"I dare you to come again," Noah's voice was so loud that it made Sydney and Amber jumped. Noah and Sydney both looked down to find scared Amber.

"I deny any physical trauma for my kids." Sydney picked up Amber to hug her and said in a low voice.

"My granny will never do any such thing," Noah said and caught Amber from Sydney's hold. Sydney inhaled sharply the moment Noah's fingers touched her in the process.

"Are you sure? If not you should talk more to your kids." Sydney said making Noah go all red in anger. And a second before he could jump on her Grace came in between them saying,

"She is my friend,"

"I don't have time for this Grace. I will leave for Sacramento in the evening and she has to leave with kids to Mexico and with such attitude, I am afraid she can't continue." Noah said before leaving with Amber to his room.

Noah left for his office leaving his kids and friends in the suite. No matter how much he wanted to have some clear mind he couldn't rest for a single moment. Of course, he knew that his granny could be a little over the line but she brought up his kids all this time and now wanted nothing but for him to get married to a girl who was her friend's granddaughter to have the custody of his kids back. Noah attended the conference he was here to attend and was about to get to his place when he got a call from Katelyn. He would be lying if he says he wasn't thinking about Katelyn now. Grace and Michael loved her. Her kids loved her and she was indeed a very perfect candidate to be Mrs. Miller.

You can call me Mrs. Miller he recalled the babysitter from the morning and wondered from where she got the guts to talk to him like this.

************

"Wow, it is amazing," Amber said looking at her braid Sydney made for her.

"Sydney, I am sorry." Sydney saw Grace offering her a cup of coffee that she accepted saying,