Numb

I nod my head in understanding. And catching my dress in my hands I head to Maria's room.

The door was already open. I get to the door. And the second I lay my eyes on the figures present in the room I knew what is it about. It was Isabella, Maria, Mr. Oliver, Noah Miller, and that driver Michael. It was time. Time to accuse an innocent. Never in my life, I thought that I will stoop this low. You will burn in hell, Sydney.

"Sydney,..." Mrs. Isabela said but then looked at my get up. I felt embarrassed. I wanted this earth to open up and wanted myself to be swallowed in the ground.

"Sydney, Is it true?..... Whatever you told Isabella. Did you see this man...." my eyes diverted to him, Michael. He was relaxed. Not really caring about that he was being accused. Maybe he believes that I will not lie and he will be proved as innocent. Guilt stabbed me and I lowered my gaze. In the back, my ears could hear Oliver say.

"....coming into Maria's room and steal a necklace." He asked. He sounds too much concerned. They were guests here. And even the party was still going on. But the necklace was too expensive to let this matter be ignored. Mr. Oliver sound really worried. He was torn between the situation.

Letting out a silent gasp I nodded my head in yes. My gesture was followed by gasps and chuckle sounds. I didn't lift my head. I don't know what that man might be feeling. He must be terrified of the consequences. He must be worried sick about what his employer will do to him. And he is surely very angry at me. I was expecting a backlash from him. Or at least I was expecting that he will yell that I am lying but he didn't.

I felt dizzy. I think I will fall. Sedatives that Abigail gave me were doing their work.

"You may leave now." I heard Isabella say. I turned and start taking small steps. That person Michael might attack me right away in anger. With this thought in my mind, I start running once I was out of that room. I was hyperventilating when I passed the living room. I turn to the main door to go to the party. But the moment I noticed so many people out there I knew I don't belong there. And maybe this is the best chance to avoid the situation at hand.

I turned away from the main door and start heading to my room. The hallways seemed blurry. Placing my right hand on the wall I try to catch my breath and focus to get my sight back. I could feel my knees heading to the floor. I was prepared for the pain but before I could fall an arm wrapped around my waist and held my body up. I tried to look behind to see who is this but before I could look behind I felt a mouth on my ear.

"Hello, Kitten." I heard him say. My eyes shot open but my sight was still blurry. I tried to wriggle out but I felt so weak. His grip on my waist become tighter. It was dark in one second and light in another. I could feel myself being dragged to my room.

I didn't dare to look at him. But the instant I realized the walls of my room around us I knew I have to get a hold on myself. This time I give my best to jump out of his hold and in response he threw me on the bed. The moment my body touched the bed I get back until I felt the headboard on my back and when I knew there was no way out, I helplessly curled my knees to my chest.

I was looking at my knees when I heard the door being locked. My vision was not blurry anymore. I was in my senses. And when he sat beside me I knew nothing good was gonna come out of it. It's been three years that I have seen his face. But I can bet that he still looks horrible with his lecherous eyes.

"Look at me." He ordered and I jerk away a little from him.

Not moving my head, with much apprehension, I only lift my eyes to see him. He was older and didn't have a beard now. But his eyes were all same. It's just another nightmare. It has to be. Please. I blinked once, twice or many times just to realize that I was blinking away the hot tears on my cheek. It wasn't dream. Next, his fingers were under my chin as he make me face him completely.