Fatal Secrets (Part 1)

"Are you fine?" Noah asked holding Sydney's cheeks after she coughed out the water.

"Yea," Sydney managed to say with her eyes red and body heaving for each breath.

"Let's go to the room,..." Noah whispered and she nodded,

"I am fine," Sydney looked at the kids before getting to her room with Noah by her side.

"You good?" Noah asked again looking at her face that went all tense in seconds before she pushed his hand away and ran to the bathroom.

Noah entered the bathroom filled with her groans as she emptied her stomach. Kneeling beside the toilet seat she looked distraught.

"You ok?... Let me call the doctor." Noah said before leaving. He was still on the phone when he saw Sydney coming out of the bathroom. She looked a little pale and weak.

He took her to bed and held her hand. "How do you feel now?"

"I am fine, now," Sydney whispered,

"I have called the doctor...you look pale," She heard the concern in Noah's voice and held his hand tighter.

"Noah...I am fine," She passed him a smile.

"Let me make some lemonade for you,...should I put the lights out?" Noah asked and she nodded weakly.

She closed her eyes and tried to relax. But the moment, something flash in her mind she quickly gets off the bed to look for the pregnancy strips. What else I was expecting while having him without any precautions. She tried to scold herself mentally.

She waited while her mind went with the speed of light. Am I ready for it? She recalled the time of delivering her twins and shivered. "Please, please don't let it happen. I will be careful next time." Even the thought of pregnancy and vulnerability that comes with it made her gulp hard. She kept taking the long breaths but listened to Noah calling for her outside the bathroom she replied.

"I am coming," and wasted the strip in the bin without having a chance to look at the results.

Even the mere word of pregnancy was enough to take her to Lucifer's den. The moment Noah saw her coming out with a weak body and sweaty forehead he held her close.

The dark and thick drapes kept the room a little dark while Sydney and Noah waited for the doctor to say anything as she held Sydney's wrist to note the pulse.

"It must be the shock or pool water disturbing her. I will prescribe some supplements,...And, if you two are active it is good to take a home pregnancy test tomorrow morning,"

Sydney felt Noah looking at her before saying a, "Thank you," in a monotonous tone. But it was enough for Sydney to know that he was excited,

"We will be troubling you if it gets positive," She heard Noah say as he left with the doctor.

Not a second later she saw Noah coming into the room. She startled when he came to sit beside her and held her shoulders in excitement. "You are amazing...phew,..." He tried to control his breathless body.

But the moment he saw a tear rolling off her cheek he got worried, "Are you hurt?" Noah asked,

She shook her head lightly before whispering, "No,...I don't want this." She could feel his eyes over her and break into sobs.

"Look at me," Noah asked but she couldn't look at him.

"Hey,...what's wrong?" She heard Noah ask,

"Noah, I can't." She cried harder and Noah was left puzzled for a few seconds before he came forward to hold her in his arms.

She sobbed harder and he waited until it turns into little whimpers. "What's wrong Sydney?" She heard him and recalled him getting shot and cries going silent over the baby monitor. A lot of weight pulled her chest in when she only uttered,