The Lady of the house

There was a screen between her and the driver's seat. She didn't know what to do but she couldn't shake away the feeling that a lot is on the way.

She noticed the passing buildings and road with so much interest. And she was intimidated by every single thing of this city. It was huge. Even if in the future she gets Noah Miller to understand that she doesn't want to live with him. What possibly she was supposed to do? Her mind keeps playing his words or his actions.

The drive went on for twenty-five minutes giving her enough time to recall her wedding or her time with him. And the uncertainty about her situation was eating her.

First, she never wants to accept him as a husband and even if she does she knew he will only saw her as a helpless and abused girl who is dependant on him. A tear escaped her eye. She found herself in a huge parking lot and the car comes to a halt.

A very bulky, and tall man, in the black suit with black shades came to open the door for her. She only stared at him and gulped hard.

"Mrs. Miller?" that man called for her attention. And she finally managed to come out of her trance and then out of the car. The person shows her the way to a lift and accompanied her in the lift. The mirror glass made her saw the man standing behind her. He looked like a statue only watching ahead. She was beyond nervous and only prayed to get out of the lift as soon as possible.

Her prayers were heard and the lift came to a stop. Showing a black woman in her fifties.
"Thank you for taking Mrs. Miller here." The woman smiled at the man behind her as Sydney stepped inside an apartment.

"Let me show you the way to your room, honey. Or we can do that after I serve you some refreshment." The woman smiled to which Sydney barely managed to curl her lips too.

She didn't know who she was and where she was. Does he live here? Was she supposed to live here with him? A lot of things rang in her mind as she stepped inside a beautiful and spacious suite. And following the lead of that woman went into the living room. The woman served her some orange juice that she accepted saying a meekly, "thank you,"

"You are welcome." That woman said as she sat across her on another couch.

The moment that woman saw Sydney resting the glass after a sip she continued, "I am Dr. Smith. But you can call me Amancia. I am the one assigned to accompany you during your stay here."

Sydney processed her words. She didn't know why she was accompanying her. So, she questioned, "And my stay here will include?"

"Normal routine check-up. I know staying at the hospital can be a little tiresome but not exactly when you are in the luxurious room." She informed her and her face dropped. She didn't have any idea what she ever did to be here. Is this why he wants to see if I am clean or not? Her throat felt constricted. It was already night and she was tired but now she fears the outcomes.

"I see you are tired, you can rest and we can take the samples tomorrow." That doctor said with the half-smile and waited for her response.

She nodded taking another sip from the glass. Amancia showed her the way afterward. "What kind of tests there will be?" Sydney asked once they stopped in front of a room. "Almost all of the tests. Will it be tiring? Yes! But they are not as scary as they sound. You will see a nutritionist as we have been asked to develop a diet routine for you. And some other specialist. But they will only be allowed whenever you feel ready....."

Sydney cut her off when she asked, "Umm, When was the appointment made?"
The doctor seemed a little skeptical but then answered with a half-smile,  "Four days ago,"