chapter

Lillian POV

Lily !! Lily!!.

I simply was not ready to wake up yet. Vivi didn't think so. She had been howling my name, intermittently for the past hour and she'll soon reach her tipping point. Knowing my sister would eventually resort to extreme lengths just to wake me up. Whether it was honest concern or she enjoyed these 'extreme lengths', I was not sure.

"Ah!!!!!!!! ", I screamed when the water hit my face. She was bathing me in bed.

"Vivian!!! What the f..." I screamed in anger.

She cackled into a Sprint out of my room. I made my way after her more amused than pissed.

"You troubled child. I'm gonna kill you. That was the best sleep I've had in months... And you poured water on me....if you weren't thinking about my hair, you should've at least thought about the sheets. I just washed those. " I yelled in anger. she just shrugged her shoulders which raised my annoyance to amusement ratio just a little.

"yo calm down sis. For one, you needed the bath. You smell like you took a dumpster dive."

I subconsciously took a whiff of myself.

"Besides stop whining. you should be thanking me," she said pointing to the clock on the bedstand that boldly read 8:30.

"Oh my God!!! I am late for work. Why the hell didn't you douse me sooner?" I said running to my closet to pick out my outfit.

"I tried waking you up but you sleep like the dead," she said in a mocking tone as she skipped towards me.
"So I decided to do the mature thing and be a little... persuasive"

"Yes, very mature of you," I mumbled with my face buried in my dresser.

"Seriously, you really can't blame me. And it was beyond funny. You should have seen your face."
I gave her the most sarcastic look I could come up with.

"Anyway, go take your bath while I pick out your outfit for you OK," she said pushing me towards my bathroom.
She began searching my closet for me, taking it over as if she owned it. Well, I don't blame her. I was late.

When she saw that I wasn't moving, she raised her eyebrow at me as she pointed at the little clock on the bed stand.

"OK, OK I'm going", I said raising my hands in surrender and rushing into my bathroom.

I have never had a quicker bath in my entire life. I rushed out of the bathroom with my towel, while I dried myself the best I could. I didn't even wash my hair because I didn't have the time to dry it.
Vivi had already picked out the outfit. I could always put faith in her sense of style. It was a white, knee-length sleeveless gown with black highlights and Vine-like patterns draping from the neck down and a pencil-heeled high top that was probably more expensive than I should have.

^ Lily's dress and shoes are below 👎💗^

I quickly wore the dress and combed my hair

I quickly wore the dress and combed my hair. I have naturally curly long blonde hair that reaches my mid back. I love my hair so much because, well, it's cool and a bit unusual. But mostly because it reminds me of my mom.

I've never been a fan of makeup, unlike Vivi. I didn't even have the time even if I wanted to. I wasn't in the mood either. I just applied lip balm on my lip and powered my face a bit.

I have always worked hard to fend for myself and my sister. We lost our parents a few years back in a car accident.
My dad had been the one driving the car as they were returning from a friend's wedding party they had attended when a vehicle from nowhere ran into them.
It was later reported to be a drunk driver who made it to a courthouse and eventually to prison for a bit. But my parents; did not even make it to the hospital.
I was just 20 in my final year in college. I had to take up the responsibility of taking care of my sister who was just 15. Our relatives had just attended the funeral and left without much concern as to how we were going to survive.
I started working part-time as a waitress before I graduated. Thankfully but uncomfortably, my story got me a job soon after graduation since the whole story made my sister a bit famous.
Now am 25 and I work in the biggest fashion company in the state. I am a Designer. I always love to design clothes and I have a deep passion for my work.

I rushed downstairs yelling instructions at Vivi We lived in an average Two-room apartment with a small kitchen and a bathroom. It wasn't my ideal place but it wasn't too bad either. It's a safe neighbourhood and the best I could afford.

"Lock the doors when you leave for classes, Vivi"

"Oh, I will Lily. Please leave already, you've left enough instructions to run a vehicle assembly plant she yelled from her room upstairs."

Vivian attended a college that was not too far from our apartment.

I made my way out of the apartment and down the stairs. I was in such a hurry that I almost ran into Robert, our neighbour. He was like a father to me. He is a middle-aged man who is very nice to me and Vivian and takes the two of us as his daughters.

"Good morning Robert " I hurriedly greeted him. "Morning, cupcake " he replied smiling as he hugged me.

"I got to go, I'm late, bye!!" I yelled as I ran out of the building to take a taxi. FASHION WORLD was just a few blocks away but I was too late to walk.

"Good morning" I greeted the taxi driver.
"Morning Ma'am. Where to?" he replied politely.

"Fashion world please, and hurry"

A few minutes later, I arrived at my workplace. I quickly came down and paid the taxi driver who had driven in a way that showed he understood my predicament.

I hurried up the stairs as quickly as I could, greeting and responding to as many people as I could.
I checked my wristwatch; it was already 9:15. I was 15 minutes late.

Damn it.

Aurora is going to make a big fuss about this, I just know it. All she does lately is look for ways to get me fired. She's mostly jealous because my designs are always chosen over hers so she's made it her top-not-so-secret mission to get me fired.

I quickly rushed to my office and what I saw was infuriating.
Aurora was there in my office sitting on my chair with a smirk on her face.

-------------------------------------------------------------
*Edited*
A/N

What do you guys think about the second chapter??

What do you think about Lilian??

What are your thoughts on the story so far??

Please vote and comment guys!!!

Till next update

Byeee

Star 🌟