chapter 4

Kelvin POV

As I drove to my father's mansion, I can't help but wonder what the old man wants to discuss with me so suddenly.

~~~~~

in a few hours, I arrived in my father's mansion, immediately the security saw me, they opened the gate, as I drove into the garage and packed my car in the garage.

I came down and locked the car door and went inside the mansion. I had moved out of my parent's house when I was 18 I always wanted to leave alone.

As I entered the house I heard someone call "Kel" I looked up and search where the voice was coming from cause only my mom can call me Kel I repeat only my mom.

When I saw my Mom coming towards me. With the brightest smile on her face. she hugged me so tight as if she had not seen me for years.

when I just saw her last week. I return the hug as she pats my back tenderly.

" Kel dear I miss you so much," she said kissing me on my cheek. I chuckled "Mom I miss you too" I answer truthfully. She kept on showery my face with kisses.

"Mom stop am not a baby anymore," I told her trying to hide my smile "oh shush darling you would always be my baby," she said smiling.

" Mom where is dad " I curiously asked, " honey your dad is in his study," she said " you know your dad is a book worm " she whispered in my ear as if she was telling me a secret. I just chucked at her amused by her behavior.

" What do you guys want to discuss with me," I asked seriously because I have a strange feeling about it.

she just looked at me with a sad expression on her face and said "honey it is something important" Now she is making me more suspicious with the look on her face.

" Mom what is it "I try to press her for more information "son let's go to your father," she said removing her hands from my shoulder and cutting the conversation short to avoid my question. She begins to walk towards my father study, I followed her to the study.

~~~~~

We went into my dad's study and met him at his desk sitting down on his chair and reading a book with full concentration. When he looked up from the book and signal for me to sit.

I sat down and so did mom this must be important I thought to myself. Relax man what is the worst that could happen. I was waiting for my father to talk. he refuses to.

But he was watching me sternly "Hello dad," I said breaking the silence "How are you doing son," he asked.

" I am fine dad what do you want to talk about dad," I asked immediately going straight to the point, ' I don't have the time to chit chat'

" Son you are going to be celebrating your 27th birthday next week," he said in a calm tone " yea dad" "which means it is time to honor the Deal" what is the old man yapping about now.

"Father what deal are you talking about and what does it have to do with me and my birthday " I blurted out.

" You have to get married soon," he said like it's the most obvious statement in the world "WHAT" I exclaimed getting up from my chair.

"Dad why must I get married and who the hell is this girl you want me to marry, " I said angrily I am still young and I am not ready to get married yet or even soon I thought gritting my teeth.

The old man has probably lost his mind I said to my self "what deal are you talking about dad" I asked

"Son sit down and let me explain to you," he said obviously frustrated with my behavior but I seriously don't care what the old man thinks " son listen to your father " I heard my mother say beside me. I forgot she was still in the room.

Her voice made me calm down, as I sat down on the chair and waited for my dad to explain he sighed and finally spoke " Your grandfather was saved by Carson Williams" he said like he was telling me a shitty bedtime story.

" Your grandfather then was an upcoming businessman who just newly starting the construction company"

" He was coming back from a business trip when he was robbed and shot then left to die in the side of the road, it was night time on a lonely road people refuse to help him as they were scared of getting robbed "when someone took pity on him and took him to the hospital and saved him"

" They discovered they were old friends from college. Your grandfather was very grateful and wanted to show his gratitude to his friend "

"but Carson refused and asked for nothing in return. Your grandfather who always hates to hold a debt had wanted to do something for Carson Williams in return"

" Your grandfather insisted so they finally agree and made a deal"

"What did they agree on father," I asked impatiently because I hate this fucking story that wanted to end with me getting married. It's total bull shit.

"Just listen to me son, "he said getting up from his seat and walking towards the small refrigerator at the side of the study to get a glass of water and he took his sweet sweet time siping the water from the glass as if he had the whole time in the world killing me with suspense.

The old man is fucking testing my patience, and I don't have any. He finished drinking the water then he went back to his seat and sat down and continued with his shitty story.

"They agree that both their grandchildren will get married to each other in other to strengthen the bond between the two families.

I could not take it anymore. I stand up angrily and yelled "so that's the fucking reason you guys want me to get married "

"Keep your voice down son and talk to me with respect," he said standing up "Boys sit down to let us discuss this like adults," my mom said sternly looking at me and my dad.

We both sat down cause we both know when my mom talks like that it means she is in an angry mode and you don't want to mess with her when she is angry.

" So Who is this girl that I am supposed to get married to dad," I ask him " Lilian Williams son and she doesn't know anything about the deal either"

"Her grandfather died when she was 10, her parents died five years ago so she does not know anything about the deal "

"father I don't see any need to discuss this as the girl in question does not know about it "

"You don't understand son it is not that easy," he said with a sigh
"then make me understand Dad," I said to him in a cold tone.

"you have to marry her son," he said In a serious tone "And why is that father," I asked him curiously

"It was your grandfather dying wish for the deal to be honored no matter what " he stated

" I refused to get married to her dad," I said to him seriously because I don't care who asks me to marry this so-called Lilian or what deal they made or the blah blah blah I have been hearing seen I came here.

" Then you will lose the company son," he said with anger in his tone
"You can not do that to me, dad, I have worked so hard for the company," I said angrily how could he do this because of some deal

"Then marry her or lose the company son"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

What are your thoughts about this chapter??

Was Kelvin's dad too hard on him??

What do you think about the relationship between Kelvin and his father??

What do you think about Kelvin Mom??

Please guys vote, share, and comment on your thoughts about this chapter.

Byee

Til next update

Star 🌟