chapter 41

Kevin POV

     "Ryan instructs the Account Manager to bring the account statement for the project  I need it urgently," I said to him absentmindedly focusing on the screen of my laptop making some finishing touches on the project.

     "Yes Mr. Alexander," he said making his way out of my office.

     Have been crammed up at work lately. Mr. Darwin is an important contract that needs a result urgently so we have been working over the clock to please the old man.  This man is not easy to deal with at all it was hard getting him to sign the contract now it's even harder to secure the contract

     *knock* *knock*

"Come in" I yell not once taking my eyes off the screen not having the time to waste today.

"Xup man " I glance to see tony sitting on the chair, he isn't his usual chirpy self today so I knew something was wrong.

"Hey man what's up, " I asked, saving my work on the laptop and putting it aside.

"You got to see this man," he said shoving some documents in my hands I didn't know he had with him.

   I read through the document and saw that it was about the man, Mr. Robert that was familiar, there was something really strange about him so I asked tony to find out everything about him.

   From what Lilian told me, he is just a poor old neighbor with no family that cares a whole lot about them. they take him as the father figure in their life. I was shocked by what I discovered.

   "Keep investigating on him and inform me about your findings,"  I said to him closing the documents and putting them inside my drawers,

     "What I don't get is how my dad is connected to all of these "  my old man has been acting strange seen I married lily.

   "I don't know man I will continue looking into it and inform you as soon as I get anew update," he assured me.

      We continue discussing about issue concerning business, Tony is  my wing man in business, he help in doing complete background check of all my business partner and my employee. So no one can cheat me in business, in return I help him out in his business. We are the perfect team. We have practical know each other for years now, we meet in kindergarten.

     " A little birdie told me about the girls weekend plans" Tony said with a smirk reverting back to his normal chirpy self, I can't say I miss it now. Huh, how does he even know about these things? Never mind you can never know with him.

  "Unfortunately and Lily won't let me come with, she claims it's girls only can you imagine that ?" I exclaimed

"Yea?? What?? She did what?? no shocked there " he yelled in fake excitement. Chucking at the expression on my face.

   I took anything I could find my hands which happens to be my pen cup and removed the pen from the cup and threw it  at him.

   "Ouch' it hurts, stops been so violent" he yell, holding his head it didn't even touch him.

  "Stop been a drama queen it didn't even touch you"

"Am dramatic Says the guy that is complaining about not been able to go on a trip with his wife because he is not a girl don't that sounds clingy to you " he mumbled playing with the cup I threw at him. He does sound right maybe I am becoming clingy. I guess she can't go on a trip without me. We can't always be together.

  "You are right man" I guess I have been so attached to her that am not used to her not been by my side.

  You forgot all about the deal man, when the one year is over she is going to live you.

No am not going to let her live me, she is mine I don't care about the deal. Am going to discuss this with her as soon as she comes back from her weekend vacation.

    "Kelvin!! Now where did you go to? it doesn't matter. We are going to crash their weekend right" he said with a suggestive smile what the hell is wrong with this dude but he just said.

   "How can you say that!! But you just said I should stop been clinging and leave her alone " I yell

"I don't remember saying that " he looked innocently at me. But I know better there is no innocent bone in his body.

"You just said it a few minutes ago "  I said with a glared at him. I don't know why am still friends with his annoying ass.

"Well I don't remember, are we doing it all not. "

"You just sa..... Never mind, am in so what's the plan " I finally accepted. he smiles at me fully knowing aware of the trick he played.

"Where are they going to anyway," he asked... As I told him we discover that they were going to be staying in my hotel, but Lily doesn't know it's my hotel, so we all going to tag along, when they see us at the hotel we will both claim that it's for business purpose. We talked for a while before completing our master plan.

     "So tony, I get while am doing this, but I don't get why you are getting yourself involve " I said to him before a light bulb suddenly glowed up in my head.

  Finally, you got it, you are damn slow for a smart guy.

Shut it!!! I can't be fighting with myself it's crazy.

"Nothing, am just tagging along to support your that's all" he murmured unconvincingly trying to look at everything else but my face.

"Cut it man, I know it's because of Tiana, you know she is engaged man, why don't you give it a rest and find some else." I advised

"I can't just find someone else, it's not that easy man. And they are just engaged not married, besides anything that can happen " he replied with his thinking face, I hope this guy is not planning anything that will make Lilian angry at me I won't want that.

  "I hope you are not planning to sabotage their relationship". I asked him with a glare

" No I would never, but there something strange about him, and am going to figure it out," he said with a determined look on his face.

   "Are you sure this it's a good idea to crashed the girls' weekend?" tony asked with a silly smirk. ____________________________________

A/N

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter. Please don't forgot to vote and comment.

What do you think about this chapter and what are your future prediction?

Til next update

Love you ❤️

Seasonal greetings

Til next update

Byeeee