chapter 24

Lilian pov

   Following Kelvin instructions I made my way to the restroom wow it is so big, beautiful, and sparkling white it looks like the restroom in a five-star hotel but a lot bigger.

        I quickly went and did my business, washing my hands I step out and went in search of Tiana. I saw her a while ago now I don't know where the hell she disappeared to.

        I made my way out of the restroom I saw some women coming towards my direction they were all overly dressed. I don't really know what I did to women at this party but they have been glaring at me all night and am already sick of it. And fuck face doesn't seem to care or even notice.

     As they set their eyes on me they snorted and began whispering and giggling among themself, glaring at me feeling out of place I quickly walk as fast as I could to get away from them when I held one of them say.

"There goes the ugly wanna be duckling " she spoke loud enough for me to hear giggling as her minion's giggles along with her. She somehow just reminded me of my high school snorting queen bee. Anger clouded my heart as I clutch my wrist so hard to stopped myself from going over to punch her on the cake-up face.

" An ugly duckling is way much better than looking like a fuckng clown,"  I said with a smirk as I walked out making sure she held exactly what I said. I  smirk as I held an awfully large gasp from them.

   As I made my way out of the restroom, Going towards the hallway that leads to the party.

   I am so angry and annoyed the people in this party suck and I have had enough of all these rich folks thinking that they are better than everyone. I snort.  walking as fast as I could that I forgot  I was in heels.

As I Missed my step and strip on my dress I close my eyes waiting for the impact when I felt strong and muscular arms grab hold of my waist preventing me from falling flat on my butt. I kept my eyes shut scared that I might fall if I opened them until I held a muscular voice say.

" Hey, beautiful," he said to me with a smirk. Wow, he is handsome and rocking the boyish look. With cute emerald green eyes.

  "it's indeed my lucky day " I held him mumble to himself. He steadies me on my feet as I wriggle myself out of his hold. he let go of my waist and continued to stare at me. With a smug smile.

"hmm thanks," I said awkwardly to him using my hands to Smoothen my dress.

"you are welcome beautiful, it was my pleasure"

  " Evans Derrick and you beautiful," he said offering his hand for a handshake.

"Lilian Carson " I answered with a smile as I accepted his offer of a handshake. I got uncomfortable when he held my hand for too long and refuse to let go. I quickly withdraw my hand from his as I gave him an awkward smile. But he only smirked at my uneasiness. He was 6.3 inches tall which happens to be tall compel to my 5:6 frame.

"see you later angel you owe me a dance beautiful," he said winking at me which made a frown appear on my face. Who does he think he is, cocky much. Why would I want to dance with him?

"see you on the dance floor beautiful," he said with a smirk as he made his way to the giant ballroom. walking with an aura of confidence around him, I think he must also be a businessman and he's so handsome but he is cocky and I dislike cocky men.

    Seriously " dislike cocky men " ain't you cocky your self sweetheart. And he is so dreamy.

I scoff. he is not that handsome. Kelvin is more handsome than him. Erase what I said let's just forget I ever said that.