The One Where He Tells Her How Important She Is To The World

(Andi's POV)

Later that day, a few hours before sound check of the concert, Brendon and I took a trip to the local shelter. Spencer didn't come because he obviously wanted nothing to do with Ringo, and Brendon had told Dallon to stay behind to stay with him.

"I believe you saved a cat." Brendon chuckles lightly, shaking his head. "Wait... actually, I can."

I give him a small smile since he was laughing, furrowing my eyebrows because I was confused. "What do you mean?"

He shrugs, a fat grin stuck to his face. "It's just... It's totally something you would do."

But I didn't really understand what that meant. "I'm the type of girl who saves cats?"

Brendon shakes his head, finding it funny how I wasn't catching on to whatever he was trying to say. "You're the type of girl who cares."

And I couldn't help but smile at that. I'm pretty certain I was blushing, but good thing it was dark out so he couldn't see it. "Um, thanks... I guess."

Brendon nods, opening up the glass door to the shelter for me since I was holding Ringo in my arms. "Anytime."

I shake my head, grinning as I step into the building. As soon as I'm inside, the smell of dog and cleaning supplies fills my nose. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter when I was in high school, so I was pretty used to the smell and have actually learned to like it.

Unlike Brendon who automatically scrunched his nose when we entered the building. I laugh at his adorable reaction, making him laugh as well.

Gawd, I need to stop calling him cute and noticing the way he does almost everything is attractive in its own way. Damnit, stop it Andi!

Brendon and I make our way over to the large desk in the back of the extremely small room. An older lady sits behind the desk, wearing blue jeans and a pink t-shirt. Her brown hair is pulled back and you could see her graying roots. Once she notices we're there, looking up from a magazine, she leans forward in her chair.

"How can I help you?" She asks lazily, sounding like one of those people who really hate their job. But I ignored it because, how could you hate this job?

"Hi, I'm Andi. I found this stray cat in an alleyway a few blocks from here. There was this plastic soda ring around his neck that I helped him out of, and after that he had followed me home." I explain, decided to just say the gist of it. "And we were wondering if maybe he belonged to someone? Or if someone was looking for him?"

The woman lets out a big, loud sigh before slowly standing up. She leaned over the counter and stared at Ringo, who was happily asleep in my arms. She squinted her eyes at him before slowly taking a seat once more.

"No, no one's been looking for him." She simply answers, holding up the magazine to her face again. Then there was this moment of silence where I'd thought she'd elaborate, but she didn't.

"What if someone comes in looking for him?" Brendon asks the lady, and I can tell he was starting to get annoyed with her, but he didn't make it obvious. It was the way he clenched his fists at his sides and seemed to be restless just standing there. Then again, that could just be his ADHD.

The lady sighs again, plopping her magazine down loudly on the desk. "If someone comes in looking for him in the next twenty four hours, I'll call you. If not, you either keep him or bring him back here to be adopted by someone else." She explains in a very monotone voice. She then grabs a pen and rips out a corner piece of the magazine, sliding it towards me. "Leave your name and number."