The One Where The Nerves Kick In

The nice paramedic lady, who's name I found out to be is Summer, sat me down in the waiting room. She fetched me a cup of water she insisted I drink, before handing me lots of paperwork to fill out for Andi. "Fills these out, and when you're done, give them to the lady at the desk." She informs me.

I nod, wanting to tell her how grateful I was that she was helping me but my mind wasn't in the right place, so I just nodded instead. "Okay."

"Do you have a phone to call anyone? Maybe your girlfriend's family?" She suggested.

I nod at that, now feeling terrified that I have to call Pete and tell him what happened. "I have a phone."

Summer nods before standing up. "Are you all good here? If not, I can stay if you want."

I shake my head, looking up at her. "I'm okay. Thank you so much."

She nods, giving me a small smile. "No problem." And then she's gone. Probably to go save lives or help someone else's lost family member: like me.

I then stare down at the paperwork, silently telling myself to calm down and take a deep breath. Okay, I just gotta focus on filling out this paper for Andi. I take another deep breath, squeezing the pen.

Full name? Andera Opal Wentz. Age? 23. Gender? Female. Allergies? I mentally slap myself in the face as I write cinnamon.

I quickly skim the paper, only filling out things I knew for sure about Andi. I then put the paperwork aside before giving myself a pep talk, telling myself that I need to call Pete and tell him what happened. But I end up calling Spencer first.

"Why are you calling me when you're on a date?" Is the first thing he asks right then he picks up the phone.

"Spencer, Andi's in the emergency room." I spit it out so fast that I'm not even sure if he fully understood me.

"Wait. What?!"

"She's allergic to cinnamon, there was cinnamon on the dessert, she couldn't breathe, we're at the hospital... Spencer I'm freaking out." I cry into my phone, squeezing it tight against my ear.

"Okay, Bren, calm down. Take a deep breath, maybe go outside for a second to get some air, okay?" He talks slow.

"Okay." I lie, because there is no way I'm leaving this spot until I know Andi is okay.

"Text me the address and we'll be there as soon as possible. You got that, Brendon?"

"Yeah." I respond quietly. "I'll text you... But, Spencer I have to tell her brother. What do I tell Pete?!"

"You tell him the truth. Tell him everything that happened. But you might want to wait until
you calm down because he's going to be freaking the fuck out." Spencer informs me and he's 100% right.

"Yeah, okay..." I whisper, squeezing my eyes shut. "I'll wait till you get here." I shrug, even though he can't see me.

"I'll be there soon. And Brendon?"

"Yes?"

"Calm down."

~~~

I keep my head in my hands, thinking... Andi could die. We just started, but her life could end. My head spins and my hands shake while my heart sinks into my stomach. Silent tears run down my cheeks but I'm trying to get rid of them, continuously wiping my eyes.

I just don't want to lose her. Not only is she now my girlfriend, but she's also my best friend. I've known her forever, since we were in high school. She can't leave me now... Or ever. But especially not now.