Chapter 27 <Esmeralda>

"Why can't you kneel? Has Magnus taught you nothing?" Carlos glared at me.

"Why do I need to kneel? You've never done that to me before," I state, tending softly as two hands placed themselves on my shoulders.

"You should listen to the boss, baby," An oddly familiar voice whispered in my ear. I seethed angrily and stepped away abruptly, looking back at the familiar man.

"You can't just touch me like that!" I scoffed, my eyes narrowing harshly. But then I really looked at him. He was that guy I had a run in with as the motel. What was his name?

"Now, now, Z. I said to be patient!" Carlos scolded yet he held a smirk of proudness. Z licked his lips, visibly eye fucking me before taking a step back.

"Sorry, boss. He's just asking for it, I mean, have you seen that pretty face?" Z laughed casually. Carlos rolled his eyes, almost annoyed.

"You think I don't know that?" He growled, standing up. Z dropped his smirk and looked away slowly. "I've fucked his little ass plenty of times, right gatito?" Carlos sang at me, He smirked and reached up to grasp my face with a painful grip. My body cringed in pain and I stood out my toes while he pulled at me.

"R-Right," I murmured, holding back a pained cry. He pushed me to the floor by my face and looked around.

"Magnus has got a nice place here, not as fancy as your parents place, but of course not everyone drowns in money," He sighed dramatically and placed his hands on his hips. "Oh, yeah. Speaking of money~"

I slowly looked up from the floor and paled quickly. "Look at that face," Carlos grinned maniacally, crouching over me. "I've never you seen you this terrified, fuck. It turns me on!" He groaned before shaking his head. "As much as I'd love to go a round, I need to stay on the task at hand! The money, I don't suppose you know where the money is?" I shook my head rapidly.

"Of course I don't fucking know-" I gasped as he struck my across the face.

"Your attitude really did anger me. God damn, you have no idea how many times I've actually wanted to brand you with a hot iron on the pretty skin of yours!" He snarled. "Now, say it more politely-"

"Fuck you!" I screamed, pushing him by his chest. He almost fell over but sadly he grabbed my wrists and balanced himself. My heart dropped and I could feel the anger rolling off him. I gasped softly as he pulled a gun from his pocket and held the cold end to my head.

"I guess we just have to take you, then," He whispered harshly. "No money, no you." He growled in my ear. For some reason I couldn't speak, tears that threaten to spill from me long ago had disappeared. Carlos Alvarez has never, ever, held a gun to my head. He's never threatened to kill me and now I see that the whole time he was with me wasn't because he was in love with me. Not like he said he was since I was a child.

He was obsessed and infatuated with me.

"Stand up for me my little Gatito," he nearly cooed mockingly in my ear. As he stood, I did. Magnus, where are you? My thoughts whispered, almost like they were afraid that Carlos himself could hear.

"Lets sit down, have some wine. I'm sure Magnus has some here. One of you, go to the kitchen and look for the wine and two glasses," He ordered. "We have an engagement to celebrate and I'm sure we have time. Magnus seemed to leave in a rush earlier."

"You haven't even proposed," I said slowly, "Why should we celebrate something like an engagement?" I paused and stared at the familiar pink hair peaking out from the door to the bathroom nearby. Carter and I made eye contact as best as we could before I looked away so Carlos wouldn't become suspicious. I wasn't alone completely and I felt a feeling of relief wash over me. Carter was hidden so he could contact Magnus. Then everything would be alright, I think. It's what I would like to believe, at least.

"Well, if that's what you would like..." He pulled a teddy bear out from behind him. I felt my stomach slowly churn with disturbance.

"Happy birthday, gatito!" Carlos grinned widely as he stared down at me. He held out a teddy bear, it wasn't like the one last year though. Last year it was a black bear, this year it's a soft pink.

"...Thank you, it's pretty," I said, hugging it to my chest. Once again, Carlos grinned, pleased with my reply.

"I'm glad you like it, pink and purple go well together, my love," He smirked, stroking my youthful cheek. His fingers trailed down my neck.

"I do say, for a nine-year-old, you're maturing quite well. Being nine, finally, must be such a relief. Getting older by the minute and maturing faster and faster," Alvarez whispered, almost entranced by my pale complexion and purple eyes. My head tilted and I held the bear tightly. "I'll just have one kiss." He mumbled, gripping my chin tightly.

My eyes stared up at him blankly and parted my lips. He wants a kiss. I have to give him a kiss. Carlos smirked darkly as I sat up on my knees and leaned forward. I have to give him a kiss.

"It's white," I said. "White goes with purple, I suppose," I murmured. His hand reached out to slide up my thigh.

"It does, I've seen plenty of weddings who use purple and white," Carlos purred while one of the men walked over to us, holding two glasses of wine.

"Hmm, Red wine. Magnus has taste," He hummed and moved away from me. I watched him place a glass on the coffee table before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small packet filled with tan powder. Instantly, I recognized it. My body grew tensed and my mind exploded with thoughts of Magnus.

I just want him to come back. I can't do this anymore, I want to cry. This is going to painful and unbearable.

"You remember this, right? It's your best friend!" Carlos grinned, tearing open the packet and pouring the substance into the wine. "There you are. Now drink." He urged.

Childhood memories surged through my mind of my body arching and aching in the bed. Precarious and strange imagery flashing around my bedroom all while my mother stripped my clothing and my father prepared me for the new guest. They told me it was candy and it wasn't. It was never candy. But, with hesitance, I took the wine glass from Carlos and gently swished the red liquid around. Tiny fragments from the powder could be seen with obviousness.

I don't even like alcohol. Yet, I brought it to my lips and paused, looking to see Carlos staring at me with anticipation. His hand tightened around my inner thigh with a dangerous glint reflecting from his pupils. So I squeezed my eyes shut and did it. I did it to get this suffering over with.

Or at least I though I did. Because before I knew it, the glass had been smacked from my hand. It flew and hit the ground, instantly shattering.

And I had never been more thankful in my life.