Chapter 53 <Esmeralda>

"Keep this vest on." Magnus's ordered strongly, squeezing my forearms gently. I nodded and frowned.

"This is kinda heavy," I mumbled with uncertainty. Magnus sighed out while giving me a strange look.

"I know, but it'll give at least some protection. It's better than nothing at all," he mumbled, pulling me forward. I gave him and soft smile and agreed with him. It was better than nothing. And it kind of protected the baby inside of me so there was also that.

"Are we ready to go?" Adam asked strongly, scanning his eyes over the group of people who would come back with us. All except for Magnus, Anarchy, and himself which made my heart hurt badly. I was too nervous and clammy to even think straight if I'm being honest. Magnus looked back over at me, as if he could sense my mixed feelings, and gave me a quick look of reassurance. My body seemed to relax under his gaze and I leaned up, kissing him softly on his lips. When I pulled away I looked over at six.

"Okay, I'm ready to go," I said, finally. Six nodded and hummed in response.

"Let's go." He ordered, eyes narrowed and lips pulled into a tight, expressionless line. Six didn't seem to want to say goodbye to Adam, simply giving me a small smile that transitioned into a threatening look. It was as if he was saying to his husband, 'if you don't come back alive, I'll kill you.' Adam smirked at that while Harley led me out by my waist. I forced myself to not make eye contact with Magnus. I could feel his stare burning into the back of my head. But I still didn't look at him, afraid of the saddened expression he might have. If anything bad happened, I wanted the last expression I saw on his face to be happy. Or at least full of love like just a couple minutes ago.

"Stick with me, m'kay?" Harley hummed, hooking his arms with me. Six was walking along side us while the others sort of spread out.

"From now on, you can talk. But whisper. I'll tell you when you need to be quiet," Six said in a hushed tone. "We're under ground. We need to get to the elevator. If the elevator isn't working, we have to go up at least 12 flights of stairs. So we have to move quick if that's the case. Just make sure to stay close and pay attention. If you see anything weird, say something or we might all get hurt severely. Maybe even worse." I nodded slowly and looked around as he walked towards some double doors. Two men walked ahead of us, kicking it open with their weapons raised which made me finch for some reason. Harley gripped my shoulder to comfort me, his eyes swirling with a vibrating, violet color.

"That was a little dramatic," He murmured jokingly, a soft smirk playing along his lips. Six visibly rolled his eyes at Harley before following after the two men after it was deemed clear.

"Shut up," Six muttered, picking up his pace. "We turn left, if my memory serves me correctly we're almost there," he sighed out. Harley helped me walk quicker, we were almost jogging while trying to keep up with the rest of the group. My hand placed itself on my protected stomach, almost afraid jogging would hurt the baby. Even if I knew it couldn't do that.

"Up ahead," Harley whispered and out of breath whisper to me. I stared at the elevator as we grew closer. We ran past two hallways on each of our side and six was the first to actually push the button. He pulled out a key card shortly after, sliding it through a slit next to the button. It beeps several times before the elevator actually started on its way to our floor. Harley stood with me slightly behind his shoulder. Six was tense, his eyes remained glued on the doors. As they opened I felt my gut churn.

There stood my mother. Crazed and surround by men she would call her pets. They were like her body guards though I never really encountered them much. But I knew they were trained to be dangerous. Her eyes locked onto mine and a sick grin pulled at her lips. "Fucking bitch," I heard Harley curse. "I knew this was going way too smoothly." He placed his entire body in front of me, blocking my view.

My mother released a displeased sound before shrieking out two words that made my legs feel weak. "Kill them." Harley, Six, and the rest of them. They all charged at them. I was stuck where I was, my voice caught in my through as six went straight for my mother. Her eyes widened and I swear I saw fear in them. Six hand her pinned in a headlock, her arms trapped with his thighs. She kicked her feet violently and I found myself walking closer to them. Harley shouted my name but I just couldn't stop myself. Even when I saw, just out of the corner of my eye, one of her precious little pets. She treated all of them way better than me. Than her own son. Who begged all night and all day for just an ounce of regular, normal love than a mother could give to her child.

I turned and grabbed the mans throat just as he reached me. He wheezed, large black marks spreading up his neck under his mask. My hand retracted and I looked back over at my mother as the man collapsed, screaming in pain. Six looked up at me, his eyes darting between the spasming man at my feet and then myself. He loosened his hold around her neck but still effectively kept her in place. I walked into the elevator which was being held open by two dead body's, opening and closing each time it sensed them. I crouched down slowly, staring into my mothers watery eyes, hands reaching tentatively to wrap them around her neck. She glared at me.

"I'll fucking kill you," She said shakily. I gulped slowly and stared down at her.

"You know mommy," I whispered. "All I wanted was for you to hug me. But now...now I just want you to shut up and die. Instead, I'm going to hug my baby. Like you never did." My hands squeezed her throat tightly. She wheezed, her feet thrashing but it was weak. I watched the life drain from her eyes and I was so surprised that it was this easy. I could've fought back a long time ago. A long—

"Stop!" Harley pulled me back, my mother gasped for air.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I cried, struggled to stand. Harley held my wrist tightly while I tried to get out of his grasp.

"Look at me!" Harley shouted. "Look at me, stop, you're not you. Your eyes! You aren't you!" He said quickly. I sobbed and looked up at him desperately.

"I don't care! I don't care, I want her gone! I hate her. She deserves to suffer and I fucking hate her. I want her to die!" I screamed, crying as Harley hugged me tightly. My face pressed against his shoulder and I cried.

"Just kill her, please!"