Chapter 58 <Esmeralda>

I felt much better. Refreshed, actually, after Magnus fixed the mark. It felt like I was high on some kind of euphoria that I would take forever to come down from. Magnus laid on me for some time while burying his face deep into my neck. Before I knew it, he was dead asleep, possibly exhausted from all that crazy shit he was doing for me. So I let him sleep on me, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. My fingers carded through his hair, scratching at his scalp gently. Whenever I would stop, Magnus made a grunting noise against my neck that I found too cute. So I would stop every so often to hear it.

I think I must've drifted off to sleep after a while of being in this position before the last time I looked at the clock it was at least midnight. Now it was five in the morning. I know I should be asleep but it was hard after sleeping for so long back at that room I was trapped in. I guess I just wanted to make sure that this was all real. And it was. So I decided to close my eyes again after minutes of being back up. I fell asleep.

"He looks like he's doing alright. Have any nightmares yet?" My eyebrows creased. Magnus wasn't on me anymore. My hand slowly slid over my chest.

"No. Nothing yet. I'm still waiting though." Magnus sighed out. Oh, he was still here, he didn't leave me. I'm home.

"Alright. I would wait to doing anything—"

"Don't need to tell me, I'm waiting until Esme actually does something about it." I opened my eyes slowly, rubbing them with my palms. I was glad the curtains were still closed so I wasn't blinded right away. "Look who's up," Magnus cooed softly. I slowly looked over at him then caught eyes with Adam. I sat up and stretched forward and sluggishly.

"Yeah..." I sighed out. "I'm up." Magnus smiled softly and sat on the bed, kissing my head gently.

"You hungry, parvulus?" Adam asked curiously, crossing his arms over his broad chest. I nodded sleepily, standing up with the help of Magnus.
"Yeah."

After getting dressed, we walked all the way down to Adams guest kitchen. There were plenty of people helping themselves to food but I stuck to Magnus like glue, not even sparing anyone else a glance. I think Magnus honestly liked it, he looked sort of smug about it. I couldn't help but smile at that and keep myself closer to his side, gripping his hand. We got a plate to share since I was starting to feel a bit sick. I guess my baby doesn't really want breakfast anymore, not like when I woke up at least. Magnus sat down at the table and I slid onto his lap, tucking my head under his chin.

He didn't even tense, he just hummed in content as I ignored the stares we got. I just wanted to be held for now. Even as we ate, which I did sit up for. Magnus was still close to me as we ate. The chair was close to the table to my ribs touched the edge while his chest was pressed up against my back. He rested his chin against my shoulder slowly. "You doing okay?" He asked softly, rubbing my stomach tenderly.

"Yeah." I took a bite of the sausage on my fork. "I'm doing okay. I think I'm starting to feel less sick," I admitted, smiling as he planted a kiss on my cheek. He was starting to get his stubble back again. "Your face feels scratchy," I noted, reaching up to run the tips of my fingers along his jaw. Magnus chuckled in my ear and kissed the side of my neck.

"I know how much you like it, that's why it feels that way," he muttered. I smiled from ear to ear and turned to him. "That's what I like to see, baby."

"Am I ruining a moment?" Magnus looked away from me, causing me to pout.

"Of course not, Six." Oh, if it was him, I agreed. Six could never ruin a moment. I looked up from Magnus and smiled slowly.

"Hey cutie," I said playfully, standing on my knees between Magnus's legs. I wrapped my arms around his neck which only cause him to chuckle. Six smiled but it was tight. And then I noticed how everyone just stared at him. All conversations at the table ended. Six had dead eyes and then I realized that he must've really had to keep a composure like this to be respected or at least feared in this place. So I definitely downed my energy a bit. Six seemed to appreciate that.

"I came to check up on you. And to also tell Magnus that it's safe to go down to see them. They are all in separated cells, restrained professionally. If you want to see them, you can, just don't let their loud mouths get the best of you," Six muttered. He glanced over everyone and narrowed his eyes. They all went back to eating.

"When do I get to meet your kids?" I whispered to him. Six tensed and sighed quietly.

"I believe you've already met one of them. She works at Magnus's restaurant—"

"Correction, used to. She quit like last week because you spoiled her rotten. Damien too," Magnus hummed, shoving a spoonful of hash browns into his mouth. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"She's almost 18, I'm not really worried about her path much. She's bright and strong and knows what she wants," Six stated confidently. "But don't tell her I said that. It would go straight to that little ego of hers." Six rolled his eyes slightly.

"Oh, of course. She gets that from Silas, you know that right?" Magnus smirked and winked over at me. Six glared daggers at him but nodded once.

"Yup." He stared sharply. Then he turned away and walked out of the room.

"I might've pissed him off." Magnus sighed, holding me close as I sat back down. "I might get fired, baby. Sorry." I grinned.

"Good thing we don't have to worry about three certain assholes then anymore," I joked, chuckling to myself. Then I stopped when Magnus gave me the most unamused look. I replied with a small pout and I finished up what was left of the meal. It was true. Six said it himself. They were now locked away and it was done very professionally. So we were all safe, the baby too. So far, at least. But I didn't expect anyone to come looking for me now, especially after the demise of my parents and that gang leader. But still, it wouldn't hurt to see them locked up. Suffering.

"...master..." I looked up at Magnus slowly as he put our plate in the kitchen. He turned to me with a surprised look on his face.

"...Esme, I'm not sure you're ready to-"

"Master, I want to see them."