Chapter 55 <Esmeralda>

I was completely stolid and silent as we made our way through the exit. My mother seemed to have fainted or something, resorting to her limp body being thrown over Rangers shoulder like a worthless sack of potatoes. A hand brushed mine and I slowly turned my gaze over to Maria who just patted my hand gently. As if it was to help me stay in my calm state of mind. Even if this space was more of a toxic calm, I'm sure it would do for now. Six seemed to take it, but he would glance over his shoulder at me like he was trying to reassure himself that I was still there. Still trailing behind him like a lost puppy who imprinted on him, now relying on him as my new mother I suppose.

I felt relief wash over me as we somehow made it outside. It was sprinkling very lightly, building nearby completely dark and abandoned. There was no sign of life here but I could tell that once we turned down a couple of streets, we'd be back to civilization. But I didn't linger on that thought. My head fell back as I stopped in my walk. The rain fell in very small drops along my face. My eyelashes were covered in tiny, cute water droplets and they disappeared into my skin as I blinked. They felt like little kisses and I remembered not long ago that I just hated the rain. I didn't like getting wet in my clothes. I didn't like my neat makeup and hair getting ruined by the rain.

The make up and hair my mother would do for me so I looked nice for the men and women— I stopped. Letting out a loud sigh, my emery's shifted over to the large building we had just exited. Then my eyes went to the ground. I was under all this cement. Yet Magnus still found me and saved me. I looked back away and a heavy weight finally lifted itself from my shoulders. I very, very heavy weight. I suddenly felt a new kind of weight in my stomach. But it was cold and uncomfortable. It was warm with greeting. I placed my hands on my stomach.

Maria and Alma both gave me a smile and disappeared into one of the vans. Harley took my arm and led me into another. I sat down in one of the seats and buckled up, staring out the window. "They got him." I looked over at Harley who turned his attention to me once I spoke. "I think they won."

"No. You won." My eyes watered while Six took a seat in-front of me. Harley smiled at Six in agreement. "You did it, you won all by yourself. And you did one hell of a job protecting that child inside you." I squeezed my eyes shut and held back a small whimper.

"You really think so?" I asked slowly. Six hummed softly.

"Yeah. Did a better job than me when I was pregnant with my first two." He hummed softly. I blinked softly.

"You've had a lot of kids," I mumbled as the van began to shutter once the engine started. "How do you raise them?" Six let out a humorous chuckle.

"Well, it was hard. I got lucky that they listened to me. They didn't know how to listen at first and I still blame it on Silas for having the devil as his other half." I smiled softly at him. "I think it's Adams fault that they cause so much trouble. All of them I mean. They're a bit older than you now, only the first couple. The rest are in their teen years. I have about three children running around that's left. Adam wants to have more, but I'm not even sure if I can take the madness anymore," Six smiles to himself and chuckled. I gasped at him with shock.

"You pushed way too many out of you, dude." Harley said. "If anarchy kept doing that to me, I would literally force a condom onto him. Master or not, no way I'm having like 13 kids like you and Satan over there." Harley huffed out, nudging me with his elbow. "Right?"

I slowly nodded. "Um...yeah. I mean...I think two kids sounds good. If it gets to four, that's where I would wanna stop," I admitted rubbing my tummy slightly.

"Four is more than good," Six sighed out, crossing his legs to match his straight posture.

"That's a dream come true. For that baby factory over there," Harley smirked and pouted as Six seethed at him. "Oops! It slipped!"

I laughed softly, rolling my eyes at him. "Well...he helps you right? Silas....or Adam...that's kind of confusing." I thought the last part out loud. Six turned from flowering at Harley's words to slowly nod and smile.

"Oh, yeah they do. It's not that confusing, Adam and Silas are basically the same person. They're a single being but they can split up if it's convenient or something. Like if he has to work but maybe one of the kids got hurt and they want their papa instead of me for comfort." Six had this calm and pure happiness written across his face that I had never seen on him before. "You should've seen him when we had our first twins. He paid so much attention to them and at one point I think I got a bit jealous of both the twins and my mate. And during my pregnancies he really spoiled me rotten. Which was a surprise because he had never treated me like that before."

"That's cuz' he was a complete jack ass to you before. He beat your ass once—" Six waved Harley off and scoffed.

"Shut up. You know perfectly well that that's water under the bridge now. I wasn't...I was still human and I was a stupid 19 year old boy who was blinded by my father. I tried killing Silas and he was a pissed off hot head who let the devil have him because he was lost. We both beat the shit out of each other," Six mumbled. Harley bit his lip and shook his head.

"Yeah. Sorry. I know for a fact he really loves you, like a lot." Six nodded once and looked back at me.

"As I was saying. Just, if you really do need help raising the baby, you can ask me for advice. But I doubt you'll need me. Magnus is going to be there by your side every step of the way. Trust me, I would know." I frowned softly halfway through the talk but it ended with a small and fab full smile.

"Okay. I understand, thank you. Really, for everything. You got me out of there and helped me a lot just now." My fingers played with the seatbelt around my torso.

"That's...that's good," Six said softly. Harley held my hand gently and we all seemed to sigh at the same time.

It was silent for a while before I finally looked over at Harley. His eyes were shut but I could tell he wasn't asleep. "Thank you to you too." He opened an eye, humming in confusion.

"Huh? For what?"

"....Stopping me. I don't think I'd be the same if you didn't."

He gave me a small smile. "What are friends for?"