Chapter 44 <Magnus>

When I walked back into the living room, Harley had just been there, laying on the couch. He sat up when he saw me and waved. "Esmeralda to to the bathroom upstairs—"

"Baby?" Adam calmed out slowly, as if on edge. I turned to look at him confused as to why he sounded so concerned. Six was in front of him already, the kid was so silent on his feet that I couldn't even tell when he exited the bathroom. But he was certainly stiff, his eyes glued to the stairs.

"Shhh!" He hissed at Adam, holding his bicep. I blinked and listened, my eyes widening as a heavy thump sounded out from upstairs.

"Esme—" Before Harley could even finish, six dashed to the stairs with myself close behind. My feet were heavy with noise which probably didn't help but at least Six was quiet. He was the first to dart down the hall quietly, stopping at carters room. The door was closed shut, so I carefully walked down the hall and stood beside him. Six slowly looked at me with little hope and opened the door, letting it swing open. No one was in there...

"Shit!" I hissed. "Shit, shit—"

"Your phone," Six cut me off. I blinked and pulled it out as it rang. God, I didn't even know with how angry I was. It wasn't a number I had in my phone but I rushed to answer it anyways.

"Who is it?" I grunted with full authority and anger. A cold laugh went through the phone.

"Mr. Magnus, you sound very pissed," The man spoke slyly, like he knew I was beyond furious with the stunt they just pulled. "My guess is you're mad that we got our little refund we wanted. So sorry you're mad, but I never got my damn money. So my son still belongs to my wife and I. You can respect that, can't you?"

I opened my mouth to shout at him, to curse him out. Six quickly placed a hand on my arm as Adam entered the room along with anarchy and Harley. Six gave me a hindered look that told be to watch what I say. So I pulled the phone away from my ear, took a long quiet breath, and brought it back. "Alec, I presume. I'm not a patient man. Especially when it comes to stolen things. Esmeralda belongs to me now, there's more than enough evidence for that. You've forgotten who I am and that is your first mistake. I'm going to end this call off by saying this, I am now not just coming for Esmeralda. I am coming for you and that slut you call a wife." I hung up, the other side of me completely angered. I didn't even need for someone to tell me my eyes were black because I could feel that shot already.

"Adam." I looked at him. Adam only nodded and grabbed six by the arm, pulling him out.

"Already on it!" He called out as his made his leave. Harley and Anarchy looked at each other before Harley smiled a sickly sweet smile.

"Don't worry Magnus, we're getting him back for you whether you need help or not." He chimed at me while turning to walk away with a pissed looking Anarchy on his ass. I rubbed my face and growled angrily. I quickly exited the room and closed the door shut, looking around the hall before walking to my bedroom. I couldn't start blaming myself now or dwell on what had just happened. I needed to get Esmeralda out right away. Crying wouldn't do me any good, despite the fact that my heart is throbbing with pain right now.

"Magnus, are you listening?" Adam snapped his fingers impatiently in front of my face. I grumbled and smacked his hand from my face.

"I am now," I muttered.

"Well you should be listening to him," Six said coldly. "He's telling you how you're going to get your mate back and you've done nothing but mope. Snap out of it," He scoffed, crossing his arms while leaning back in Adams little throne. I couldn't help but smirk at him before sighing. He was right, but it was hard not to mope so much, my love had been torn from me so my bond with him was fragile. I can't even imagine what he's feeling right now either.

"You're right, sorry, I'm listening," I said quickly. Adam nodded and sighed, looking back at the screen on the wall.

"I didn't think they would be so stupid to return to their own home and I was right. They're actually 50 miles from us, in a large warehouse. However, I had a couple of people scope it out. Under the warehouse is a complete labyrinth of some sort. It's not very confusing to get around in but there's plenty of security. They're...very serious on keeping Esme now. Since, of course, we're not planning on giving them money." Adam sighed. "Luckily we still have our plan...didn't think we'd have to start this soon—" He smirked and winked at me. Oh, this fucker definitely knew.

"Alright, how are we getting in then?" I hummed, looking at Harley. Then I smirked at him.

"You're asking me that question?" I chuckled. Harley pouted and raised his hands in defeat.

"Sorry, magic man!" He sighed dramatically. "I forgot you can just teleport where ever ya want!" Harley whined, standing up.

"Shut up, you remember your partners right?" Adam chuckled before wiggling his eyebrows at me. "I've got mine." Visibly, I rolled my eyes and looked at six as Harley hooked arms.

"Got mine!" Harley chimes before blowing a kiss at Anarchy who took a stance next to Ranger.

"If this doesn't go smoothly—"

"I'll kill them all," Six said bluntly, playing with a butterfly knife with a dark look. Adam smirked and sighed.

"I'll let it slide." He said. Of course his horny ass would.

"Let's get to the car, I'll drive. Your noisy asses could never drive quietly," Ranger sighed, walking out.

"That's rude." Harley muttered.