Sometimes

Chapter 28

"Ready?" I asked Alexis as she finished up drying her hair.

We were finally going to do the long awaited talk.

And I was ready.

"Yup" she jumped on the bed crossing her legs and waiting for me.

She was too cute. Why I ever thought to treat her badly was a mystery to me. I was stupid. I am stupid. Stupidly inlove.

"I'll go first yeah?" She nodded. "My mom died giving birth to me.." she opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off

"Babe there's no need to feel sorry. I never met her. Sure it would've probably been ideal to have a mother but my grandma has done a pretty good job taking care of my older brother and I-"

"I never knew you had a brother?" She questioned as I shushed her.

"I know. I'm trying to tell you right now. Anyway, my father resented me. Physically and verbally abused me. Blaming me for her death. Up until a couple years back I believed him. My brother got arrested shortly after my dad turned into a monster. I was Blaming myself. My father died. That's why I moved to here and to this school, to move in with my grandmother. She had lived with me back in newyork for awhile trying to help my crack addict father. Shortly before he died it's like he knew he was going to leave. Making amends with me" Alexis was in front of me now holding my hand as one of hers came up to my eyes to wipe. Tears?

I was crying.

"Hunter. It's okay, you can cry. It's natural."

"He told me he was sorry. As if one word could make up for the years of abuse. I laughed at him. Told him to fuck off. He only smiled and told me he wanted me to take over his business. That wasn't happening. A week later he passed away. And the world kinda just went crashing down. Leonardo- my brother. Im not sure how many years my brother has but I been trying to help him out. Anyway My grandma helped me piece together again, and so did you. The way I love you is different. I want to protect you. I fucked up with both my parents but I won't fuck up with you." I wiped the wetness from my cheeks before kissing Alexis senselessly and she smiled.

"I love you so much hunter. You're so strong. You went through hell and none of that is your fault. You e changed for the better and I'm so lucky to have you" she began this time I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Babe why are you crying?" I was utterly confused, I quickly wiped away her tears

"It's happy tears." She shrugged wiping her face quickly.

I raised a brow in question.

"What? So you can cry but I can't?" She smiled as I shook my head.

"Cry all you want gorgeous, you know I got you"

Grabbing hold of my shoulders she swung her leg on either side of my thighs and kissed my cheek as she straddled me.

"Babe. We're not done talking yet" I smiled as my hands ran along the bottom of her back.

"I know. I just wanted to be closer to you" she grinned

Alexis is literally my everything, I swear just the way she smiles. Everything about her.

"Sit beside me or something" I kissed her before I moved her beside me on the bed.

She pouted and quickly hopped on the floor in front of me.

"I wanna look at you" she shrugged staring at me. My eyes found her intense ones and for some reason they quickly retreated and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Awe you're blushing" she laughed.

Why was I nervous?

"You know you're really fucking beautiful?" I finally looked at her. To see her biting her fucking lip once again.

"So are you. Okok we're getting way off topic, the talk" she smiled as I nodded.

"I decided I wanted to take over my dads business, no use holding a grudge against a dead man. He had his reason and I forgave him awhile ago to be honest. Got into some trouble trying to get the money but it's nothing you should worry about because I already dealt with it, a long time ago."

The whole time I was speaking her eyes never left my face as she nodded and smiled and what not.

"You're a good listener sometimes lex" I reached for her hands.

Placing them into mine I helped her up and sat her on my lap, her back on my chest.

"Sometimes?" She joked

"Sometimes" I whispered into her ear as I kissed a spot on her neck gently as I tapped on her thighs.

"I'm surprised you didn't let go"

I was confused but started laughing when I realized what she was referencing.

"I'm proud of you babe" she said referring to what I assume was my long monologue story.

"Thanks" I squeezed her tighter just wanting to literally feel everything she felt.

"So NYU business and auto, huh?" She said before playing with her fingers.

"Yeah. What about you?" I asked her. "I heard you say something about singing. Alexis, how have I known you for a couple months now but I was oblivious to the fact you write songs?" 

It was true. She is my girlfriend and I don't even know a simple fact like this. We really don't know each other as good as we thought we had.

"I keep it a secret." She shrugged

I watched her, trying to read her face

"I think I want to go to school for the arts. Not sure if I'll get in but I still have a year to figure it out I guess" she but her lip

"I want to see you do what you like to do" I told her. "But I bet any money whatever you put your mind too, you'll be good at it babe. You're probably the best singer in the world"

"First of all that would be offensive too probably everyone with talent" she hit my shoulder as we both laughed.

"You never even heard what I sound like. I could think I sound like Beyoncé when really I'd be sounding like Fergie when she sang the national anthem" she tried standing up as we laughed some more but I just secured my hands back on her waist.

"But thanks babe."

I kissed her cheek as my hands were clasped together on her lap.

"We'll figure it out. don't worry"