Chapter 8

*Taehyung's pov*

"Okay! That's enough! I can't keep it anymore. What was that Tae?" Jin hyung asked finally breaking the silence that took place after Amanda's departure,looking at me through the rear view mirror. I immediately covered my shock with a blank face when I caught his gaze.

"What are you talking about hyung?" I asked innocently pretending like I don't know what he intended. J-hope took that chance to fully turn towards me and gave me a suspicious look.

"You know what we are talking about Tae! Why did Amanda kiss you all of sudden?" He completed Jin hyung's question. The tip of my ears burned as I remembered the earlier scene and I quickly averted my gaze looking down to avoid them from seeing me blushing.

"I don't know! Maybe that's a friendly gesture?" I suggest lowly playing with my finger tips.

"That's better be Tae!" Jin hyung exclaimed making both of us to look at him surprised. He never was a rude person and we assumed that he likes Amanda from the way he just talked with her. "I mean don't get me wrong. Amanda is a sweet friendly girl. I like her. But you can't be more than friends with her Tae."

"Why?" Those words slipped out of my tongue before I could stop them, but to my luck he didn't notice the hidden pain behind those words. He saw that question as my pure curiosity.

"First she is a soon to be alpha wherever you are wolf-less. That's utterly dangerous for you to be by her side if she ever loose control. She wouldn't hesitate to harm you cause you are not sharing a any bond with her and neither you are from her pack!" I wanted to open my mouth and protest, I wanted to yell I do share a bond with her. But I decided this is not the best time for that. "Second and the most important reason is your mate Tae!" I froze "You said you already found your mate. Even though I don't know who the girl is cause you are waiting until she turns 18 as you said, I want you to save yourself for her Tae. Trust me being with your mate is the most amazing thing in this world. This comes from experience Tae! I don't want you to miss that amazing chance. Don't ever let go of your mate Tae. Don't ever!" He finished making me to stare at his reflection dumbfound.

"I wouldn't!" My mouth worked in its' own accord.

*********

The next morning I walked to the school gate with extreme nervous and anxiousness. J-hope walked beside me unknown to my mental battle I am having in my head. I don't know how to face her after back yesterday's incident. She kissed me! She kissed me out of no where and I did nothing. I just sat there like statue. What is she must be thinking about me right now? Is she angry that I didn't react or was that an other prank to make a fool out of me?

"Taehyung!" I tensed hearing that familiar voice and froze on the spot making J-hope to bump into me. I turn towards the sound praying to the goddess and what met my gaze should relax me, but instead my shoulders slumped and I felt disappointment. Jungkook walked towards us waving his hand cheerfully and beside him Jimin dragged his body tiredly to keep it up with that hyper bunny. There was no sight of Amanda or Kayla. I examined the surrounding expecting them to get out of one of the cars that parked in the parking lot. But that never happened. Jungkook jumped onto J-hope and both of them start making weird noises hugging each other like tow friends meeting after years of separation. The students passing by send them weird looks and I duck my head in embarrassment. Jimin chuckled at the duo and gave a bro hug to J-hope. Jungkook was about to jump at me, but Jimin grabbed him from the color and pulled him back from me. Jungkook smiled cheekily at me and greeted with a simple 'Good morning'. I just nodded my head at both of them avoiding eye contact. I can't get into this whole friend zone with them within a week. It would get me time to warm up to them.