Chapter 50

*Amanda's pov*

"You are giving me a headache!" I groaned tiredly glaring at the the girl pacing back and forth in front of me. She glared startling the squirrel that was inching closer to grab the chestnut on my palm which I picked under a tree on my way here. The tiny animal ran aware thinking he got caught by Kayla, trying to steal the nut on my palm. I sighed placing my palms on the cool rock as my ears twitched listening to the flowing water beside me. The sound of birds scurrying away to the safety of their nest ringed among the woods as sun was setting, illuminating the sky in a bright orange color. 

"I can't help it!" Kayla wailed, stressing the nervous expression on her face. "What if I am not his mate? He already hates me!"

"He doesn't hate you." I muttered nonchalantly earning an other glare from her. Today is the first of September. My dear best friend's birthday. Which means he is gonna sense his mate now. I have been waiting for this day almost my whole life and there is gonna be a grand part in few hours. Apparently I was busy since yesterday preparing things for the party to notice the absent of certain girl. But thanks to seeing the lack of enthusiasm on my best friend's face when every one wished him today morning, I realized he was sniffing the air and glancing around searching for certain someone. That's when it dawned on me that Kayla was missing. And here I am sitting on a rock near the lake after wondering in the woods for hours tracking her scent. The girl had freaked out thinking everything gonna backfired and ran away from there before the midnight. If it wasn't for the panic look on her face I would have find her action amused and tease the heck out of her. But I set with trying to convince her to drag to the party seeing how worried she look about this mate thing.

I can't blame her. For three years I was madly in love with someone thinking he is my mate, only to find out that he wasn't even my first love and I already accepted someone else as my mate long ago. Life has its' ways of playing plot twist. Seeing how things turned opposite for me stirred her insecurities about the bond she shares with Jungkook.

"Look! Trust me Kiki! Everything is gonna be okay." She paused her pacing at my words, glancing at me suspiciously.

"Your mother-in-law told you something?"

"She only said Jungkook won't suffer anymore!" I shrugged giving her a twisted answer.

"That doesn't help!" She groaned letting out a frustrated sigh.

"It won't, cause I didn't said it to help you." Her mouth dropped at my remark. "Can we just go and get ready for the party. I swear if I didn't show up within an hour at the pack house, Tae is gonna hunt every creature in the wood searching for me."

"Pup You are running out of time!" Talking about the devil! He had been nagging me on the mind-link asking to join me, but I refused as it wan't help Kayla's situation. 

"She is defiantly Jungkook's mate! She is as stubborn as him!" I linked back glancing at the girl who started pacing back and forth again. Suddenly a loud growl teared the silence of wood, shaking the ground beneath like a earthquake as we struggled to stand straight.

"What the heck Tae?" I snapped through the mind-link, knowing very well he is culprit behind it. He is learning about his powers little by little and one among it is controlling the four elements.

"I am helping you to make the process quick. Now play along!" he replied back and I instantly realized what is running on that mind. We are mates after all. Who would understand him better than me?

"Oh My God KAYLA!" I screeched startling the girl who was still struggling to stand straight after the sudden shake of ground. "Tae is loosing it. If we didn't return soon, he will set the entire forest on fire. You know how possessive he is since we are newly mated." I tried my best not to burst into laugh seeing how horror filled her face.