Chapter 18

*Amanda's pov*

"For goddess sake tell me where are we going already?" I asked in a annoyed tone glaring at the male in the driving seat. and for the umpteenth time I received the same answer.

"You will see!" I huffed in annoyance glaring daggers at his side profile as we passed big buildings in the busy town. I miss my bed. "We are here!" He beamed finally after what felt like a day, but actually was 20 minutes. I looked around finally keeping my sulking away for a minute to take in my surrounding and find out that he has parked his car in front of a fancy looking restaurant. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" He questioned catching my questioning look on him. "I wanted to take you out for the lunch!" 

"Really Jungkook! Is this why you woke me early in the morning?" I questioned back earning an eye roll from him.

"Stop sulking about it already Amy. And for your information, I woke you up an hour ago. And it's 1 p.m. now. Do you really call that early morning?" Since I couldn't argue back, I just poke my tongue out at him and got out of the car walking inside without waiting for him. Very immature of me! I know! But hey who cares? I am with my idiot of best friend.

"So what is the purpose of this sudden date my dear friend?" I asked in sweet tone as both of us took a seat in the corner. We always prefer the corner tables in restaurants so we could have some privacy.

"Nothing much!" He shrugged A waitress came into the picture before I could question further more and like in those typical stories she started flirting with him ignoring my presence completely. I didn't feel jealous or anything since he is not my boyfriend or anything, but I felt offended. Whether he is my boyfriend or not, he still came here with me and it is so rude of that girl to flirt with a boy who took a girl with him for a meal. Specially in front of that said girl. I folded my hands over my chest leaning my back into the chair as I glared directly at Jungkook who was about to flirt back. A challenging look on my face, daring him to flirt back. He gulped seeing the murderous look on my face and finally  the waitress notice me as she glanced at me seeing the horror look on his face. I smirked as Jungkook realized what I was about to do.

"Oh honey I will order for both of us!" I squealed in a sweet tone squeezing his hand on the table. For others eyes it would see like a lovely gesture, but actually I was crushing his bones. He gritted his teeth biting back a yelp. "We would like two chicken spicy fried rices." I said in small voice giving my best innocent smile at the waitress. "Make one of it three times spicier than normal. My darling here loves spicy food. And add hot chilly sauce on top of it. For drinks I would like a mango juice and he would have a beer!" Jungkook's eyes widened at my order and he knew then that he is screwed. 

***********

"I hate you!" Jungkook cursed for the umpteenth time as I laughed my ass off feeding him his last bite of ice-cream in the tube. The people in the park gave us weird looks as they passed by us sitting on a bench, once face as red as tomato from eating too much spicy and once is from laughing too much.

"I love you too!" I cooed mockingly earning a an other glare from him and laughing at his face for the umpteenth time too.

"This is a bad idea! I shouldn't have taken you out for a meal." He said shaking his head.

"I didn't ask you to!" I mocked.

"Is it my fault wanting to spent some time with my bff before she finds her over possessive mate of an alpha?" He snapped glaring at me which stopped all my mocking immediately. My smile flattered as I glanced at him with a blank face covering my emotions. 

"What made you think like that?" I asked in a nonchalant tone.

"What?"

"What made you think that I will get a over possessive alpha as a mate?" I asked again keeping the same tone.

"Oh come on Amy! You are an alpha. A strong one in that. Yet you are gonna be the little spoon in your relationship since you are the female. So of course your mate would be more possessive and dominant than you. He wouldn't let any male near you!" He said with a eye roll as it is the most obvious thing in the world. I kept a blank face, but I was mentally screaming. You have no idea how innocent and submissive this so called over possessive alpha of mine is. I wanted to laugh at that and tell him how stupid he sounds about my mate is, but I bit back my tongue since I wasn't ready to come out yet. Guilty is eating me alive for hiding something this important in my life from my best friend. Yet I kept my mouth shut.

We both felt into silent as I went thinking on my mate while he kept staring at me waiting for me to say anything. But when nothing came out from my mouth he sighed finally deciding to break the silent.

"Did you talk to the alpha?" He asked gaining my attention. I nodded my head turning towards him to answer his question properly.

"I did. Yesterday Namjoon oppa called and told me that there was rouges scent again. I couldn't avoid this anymore. We have to inform this to our parents. So I talked to him and he told that he would be back on Sunday." I explained.

"You mean to say our parents are returning tomorrow?" He asked with a surprise look causing me to nod and shrug. And I heard him cursing under his breath. Well he was looking forward to break some rules that his parents set, since they are not here. But looks like his plans failed.

********

"OH MY GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HE IS HERE!" Kayla squealed in my ears for the fifth time since last five minutes causing me to cringed and Jungkook to glare. Jimin chuckled, amused at Kayla's excitement as we stood outside waiting to welcome my parents and the next royal beta who came with them as our warriors in the border informed us. I mentally smirked seeing the jealousy look on Jungkook's face. Kayla really admires the future royal beta. He is her role model in life. So can't blame her for being this excited. It has been years since I last saw him. I don't even remember how he looks like. Rumors says that he is super hot, handsome and cold as ice except for his prince. As for Kayla, the royal beta only has a soft place for his future king. I wonder what made him soft for the so called mysterious prince.

I broke out of my trance when my parents car was pulled in front of us. The first thing I noticed was my parents as I ran into my father's arms being the daddy's girl I am. My mother chuckled at us before she too joined the hug covering me from behind. I missed them.

"We missed our princess too!" My father uttered with a chuckle gently planting a kiss on my forehead causing me to hum approvingly. A clearing of throat broke us out of our little family moment as we pulled apart to pay attention. There stood a beautiful man behind my father. He wasn't tall or bulky. But everything about him yelled danger! His gaze was intensive and cold as he looked around examining his surrounding with a calculative eyes. Everyone that was present there bowed their's head out of respect and submission except me who looked at his observing gaze curiously. "Oh Amanda we have a guest!" My father said gesturing towards him as he made his way to stand in front of me. "He is the future royal beta. Min Yoongi!" My father introduced."And Yoongi this is my daughter and the future alpha of this pack, Amanda!" 

He offered his hand for a shake without saying anything with a cold look. Well this is not the boy I remembered. Looks like the rumors are true. Nonetheless I took his hand not wanting to create a scene. The moment I took his hand I felt something stirring inside me. My wolf start to pace back and forth restlessly not knowing what triggered her. My heart beat fasten as my throat went dry. I felt something, but can't pin point what it is. I wasn't the only one who felt that weird feeling. His eyes widened too. I think he felt the same. But he didn't mirrored my reaction. Instead he smiled sweetly as I got even more confused at his duality. 

Suddenly he lifted the hand I offered him for shake, facing the back of my hand towards his face and lowered his face keeping his eye contact with me. Soon I felt those soft wet lips on the back of my hand. My face scrunched in confusion as he smirked lifting his head glancing deep into my soul through my eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you finally my princess!"