Chapter 40

*Amanda's pov*

"Nope! Not gonna happen!" I denied, shaking my head staring at the fabric that gracefully rested on my bed like it's some kind of threatening bug. Jungkook groaned almost in the verge of pulling his hair out of his head.

"For fuck sake! Suck it up and wear it!" He snapped glaring daggers at me.

"If you are so eager, why don't you wear it?" I fired back wanting to get out from this mess somehow or anyhow. He raised an eyebrow giving me a look like 'really?' at my poor remark to argue with him.

"Sweetie you have to wear it. You are going to meet the queen. And that dress is the perfect outfit for the occasion!" My mum restored carefully, trying to make me give into their idea for the umpteenth time. I scrunched my face once again glaring at the beautiful navy blue long prom dress resting on my mattress next to Jungkook. The top of it was completely engraved with silver stones running past waist before carelessly spreading over giving out the navy blue color lace. To be honest that dress isn't a bad choice. In case it's eye-conic and would probably glisten under the castle expensive chandeliers. But it's too fancy for my liking. Thinking about wearing it and catching everyone's attention make me cringe uncomfortably.

"That's why I am asking why mum? This is not the first time I am seeing her! Heck I met her literally few months ago!" I reminded half whining to get out from this suggestion. Jungkook scoffed standing up from my bed.

"You are not going to the ballroom of introducing your mate as the crown prince to the world, wearing black boots, a leather jacket and a ripped jean along with multiple chains hanging on your waist looking like a rapist that just got released from the jail!" He uttered with a finality to his words giving me a challenging look to oppose. But I had none to come up with for that remark. So I set to glare daggers at him causing him to smirk in victory. Few days had passed since I asked to meet the queen from my mate's father. And my wish was granted with a unexpected invitation. Apparently the queen had decided that it is the right time to introduce my mate to the world as the crown prince since the words had gotten out about his identity. So she arranged a huge ball on this Sunday which is in three days from today, to officially announce my mate's rank. So here I am stuck with my best friend and mum who are presiding to make me wear this dress.

"Bitches I am back!" The door slammed open as Kayla barged in like a diva only to stop dead in her track seeing my mum there. She must have been too excited to see me and Jungkook that she probably didn't notice my mum's scent. My mum raised an eyebrow at her remark half hiding her amused causing Kayla to shrink back at her outburst. Me and Jungkook both bit back our laughter seeing her uncomfortable posture. But I didn't get to dwell on her look much as my gaze caught the figure of peaking behind her back with a small smile. My heart instantly melted as I saw him. I had been longing to see him the whole day and that was the main reason I wanted to escape from this room. His smile brighten as he caught the gaze of me stepping out from the Kayla's shadow making his presence known.

"I always thought that it's my daughter who is tainting your innocent mind, but looks like it's the other way around!" My mum said with folded arms giving Kayla a judging look causing her to grimace, knowing that her oh so 'I am the most innocent girl ever to walk down on this earth' shattered into pieces. I was pretty much enjoying my mum's teasing until a certain idiot burst into laughter ruining the moment.

"Oh my god, aunt Bella! Look at her face!" Jungkook laughed hysterically, making mum to drop her oh so disappointed facade and join along with him in the laughing fit. Kayla scowled catching into their teasing before stomping towards my friend to whack him across the head pretty hard which ceased his laughter as he winced in pain.

"Om my! Look who we have hear? Just the one we needed!" I turned my head towards my mate at my mum's word to see him already glancing at me with a fond look, secretly admiring my features as I was busy laughing at the love birds in front of my eyes. I smirked as I caught him red handed, but instead of blushing or looking away embarrassed he winked at me teasingly. And now it was my time to blush. God I am still getting used to his bold side!