Chapter 23

*Kayla's pov*

"Why did you two hide it?" Luna, Amy's mother asked looking down at her daughter's laying figure on the bed with a defeated tone.

"She wasn't ready and it's not my place to answer!" I replied in a quiet tone as I ran my fingers across her silky hair untangling knots in them. If she is awake she would have hummed at it in approval. She loves it when I do this. But sadly she blacked out last night. She was too much in pain that a small touch from her mate set her over edge and she loosed conscious.

Everyone in this pack knows that who is their future ruler, but no one dares to talk about it since last night. They are beyond shock. Even her own father. Alpha didn't came out from his office since last night. It looks like everyone is waiting for their's alpha's reaction. Luna is going crazy here waiting for her daughter to wake up. And Tae? He was here till few minutes ago before finally Luna asked him to go and rest.

Everything look peaceful and normal from the outside, but inside it's a chaos. Luna sat down beside me lovingly and gently stroking her daughter's cheek who is laying peacefully unknown to all the chaos going around her. I am kind of thankful that she lost conscious last night or else goddess know how the heck we would be able to stop her wolf Milena from marking her mate Tae. They both wouldn't want it. Not this early, specially not Amy. She is still trying to accept the bond, she is still getting use to it. Marking is the highest and biggest step in that bond. So its would be a definite no for her.

"Go eat something and rest dear!" Aunt Bela said in a gentle tone. I wanted to protest, but the reassuring squeeze to my hand and the gentle yet warning mother glance she gave made me accept without a argument. So I gave in went to the kitchen leaving the mother and daughter in their own.

What I didn't except was to see a pissed looking Kris in the kitchen waiting for me. Me being the bitch I am avoided his presence completely and continue on making something for me to eat as his burning gaze followed my every move.

"You knew it!" He stated in a bitter tone more than questioning it. Me keeping the plan of ignoring him, simply just shrugged and continue on chopping the vegetables for my salad. I can sense the aura changing around him as he get annoyed and more pissed at my lack of attention towards him. Alphas!

"That's why she choose that freak over me! That's why she shoved her rank on my face. Just because of what? To defend that piece of a excuse?" He snapped. Now that's got my attention. What the heck is he talking? Doesn't he know who he is criticizing? Who he is disrespecting?

"Actually..... what you said is the truth Kris." I said keeping my expression and tone calm and collect. He was standing just behind me and from the baffled look of his face I can say he didn't except me to agree with him at all. "But there is a correction Kris. She choose her mate over her ex-boyfriend. Key word ex." I snapped. Something changed. Something changed on his gaze. The anger, the disappointment, the seething disappeared as something I couldn't pin point crossed his gaze. But I still continued. "Unlike you, who choose your mate over your girlfriend. Who marked his mate while he still had a girlfriend. Notice there wasn't 'ex' part on those sentences." He went speechless, totally blank. The angry aura around him vanished into thin air as he lowered his head avoiding my eyes and showing his emotions to me. Every second he is standing in front of me make the hatred I have for him increase. So I did the only thing. I walked out from there leaving him and abandoning my breakfast. Great start for the day!

*************

*Amanda's pov*

Everything is odd. Everyone is acting strange. Nothing is out of the place. Everything is going on as it usually would. And that's what odd. After everything happened last night how come everyone can act so normal like nothing happened last night at all.