Chapter 41

*Amanda's pov*

The sound of water flowing over his pale feet was the only sound lingered around us, as both of us refused to break the silence, lost in our own world. Despite the silence surrounding, my head is in a chaos, lingering with many unanswered questions.

"How long are we gonna stay silence?" Finally the male sitting next to me decided to break the silence having enough of ignoring the big elephant the surrounding.

"Well I am also curious as to why you called me here secretly oppa!" I stated glancing at his side profile with a raised eyebrow. He let out a sigh breaking the staring contest he had with the distant cloud that decorate the vast blue sky.

"We have to complete the bond Amy!" There he dropped the bomb. I knew it! Not exactly about the bond he is talking, but about a connection between us. That was the main reason I held a guard against him in the beginning. Cause I felt a connection to him, something similar to my mate bond. But wasn't exactly that. So I assumed it's safe to keep distance. But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't. I couldn't avoid the security and comfort I felt around his presence. The over flowing trust I developed for him day by day even without getting much close to him.

"I know you already feel that connection with me and you are questioning what it is!"  My mouth dropped. So he knew that I was aware of everything. Not bad royal beta! Not bad! "And let me explain to you without beating around the bushes!" His tone deepened as his face drowned with seriousness.

"If Taehyung's life is in danger-" He didn't get to finish the sentence as my wolf growled loudly, clearly disliking whatever he was about to say that concerns my mate's safety. He just rolled his eyes at my wolf's over possessiveness before continuing his sentence giving me a warning glare not to interrupt him again. "Like I said in case if he is in danger who is the first person you will trust with his safety?" I gawked. I literally gawked at that question which caught me off-guard. Never, I mean even once I consider about something like that. I always believed it's me. It's me that would keep him safe. But what if I wasn't there?

I flinched when Milena growled inside my head disliking the thought alone. But he got a point. What if it wasn't me? Who will I trust with his safety? Many names crossed my mind. Many faces appears in front of my eyes. But nothing stayed longer than few seconds. All the names, all the faces fade away with the confident I had on his safety, thinking nothing would reach him past me. A dreading feeling start to bubble up the bottom of my stomach making me feel nauseous all of sudden. My whole body felt like being washed by burning hot water as my heart tugged painfully, dreading about my mate's life being in danger.

Then I saw him! My eyes caught that blank gaze. It was as blank as a white sheet, yet there lingered so many emotions that gave me a hope. A unknown comfort along with a trust. Min Yongi! The answer to his questions is him. The one that sitting right in front of me. It's him! It's him that I would always trust with Taehyung's safety. Not because he is a royal, neither because he is known as a scary man nor because he is my mate's beta, but because I trust him. Something deep down in me trust him. His presence making me feel powerful, his words inspiring me and his scent comfort me. The connection I feel towards him is deep, yet not as strong as the bond I share with Taehyung.

"Judging by the look you are giving me, I think you already figured the answer!" He said in a amused tone, making me to snap out of my trance. "Why? Why would you trust someone worth more than your own life with me Amy?" He questioned making me utterly speechless as I searched every corner of my mind looking for an answer to that question. "What do you think makes you trust me?"

"I.... I..." I trailed off, glancing at his eyes dumbfounded, hoping to find answers in his gaze. Silence downed on us as he gazed at me, waiting for my not so smart mind to find an answer.