Chapter 48

*Amanda's pov

The sun is setting, decorating the sky with multiple colors as white clouds glisten with orange and red hue making it look like a beautiful piece of art work by a painter. My finger tips traced the frame of cold glass window, trying to find peace within the beautiful nature. Birds were escaping into their nest of safety to avoid the danger of darkness.

"There you are!" I turned around from the beautiful view, plastering a light smile on my face as I heard my mate's mother beaming behind me. She offered a soft smile eyeing me up and down before nodding to herself satisfied with my look. "You look beautiful dear." She commented as I looked down to check myself once again. I was wearing the silver dress my mum and Kayla bought for the ball. The dress hung into my body like a second skin, outlining every curve of my body and flowing down from the bottom exposing one of my leg. At first I thought it's too fancy and go with a simple dress. Then again I remembered Tae's face, how his eyes shined seeing this dress and he wanted me to see in it. 

"Come here darling!" She beckoned me setting a wooden box, craved with ancient letters and glistening stones on her king size bed. I padded over to her still in awe at the royal chamber. It was beyond luxurious. My mouth dropped open when she first dragged me here telling it's her duty to make the future queen look good on the introducing ceremony and there as she should be the one dressing me. She simply chuckled closing my mouth and reassuring that mine and Tae's chamber would look even better than this which made me blush as I realized we will be sharing a room in the near future.

"Will you go with a heavy make up?" She questioned pulling me to sit on the bed before putting a diamond necklace around my neck which perfectly matched with the color of my dress. 

"I like my bare face!" I mumbled to myself feeling the cravings of necklace on my neck.

"Indeed my choice." She chuckled amused as I realized she heard me. Who am I joking with. She is the goddess! Of course she can even listen to my mind and even to the thoughts that buried in deep down my heart though sometimes I myself can't understand them. "Still I will give you a light touch up!" She offered kindly bending down to my eye level, standing in front of me blocking the view of window. Before I could even reply she started rubbing a moisturizer cream on my face. Isn't she supposed to apply foundation or something?

"I know, my way of doing make up is different. I am a weirdo after all!" She chuckled light heartedly as if she read my thoughts. As a queen she just called herself a weirdo. This must have Tae warned me about when he said his mum is an adorable alien around her family. 

I felt her applying compact powder into my face as I glanced at here and there awkwardly not knowing where to look exactly. For a brief second my gaze caught her face and I got stuck, staring at her memorizing features. She is bare faced. Not even a ounce of make-up on her face. Yet she looks beautiful and flawless without an effort.

"Can you stop admiring my beauty for a brief second and close your eyes so I can do your eye shadows dear." Her voice laced with amusement snap me out of my trance I instantly closed my eyes not wanting to see the look on her face. I feel like I just got caught checking out someone. Even though what I just did was similar to it, I was just admiring her beauty. I have a mate that resembles the same beauty with added the hotness of his father. 

"I wasn't this beautiful always." She said working with my eyes causing me to listen to her. "I used to be way ugly when I was around your age." Wow! She must be joking. "You must be thinking how is it possible, but goddess doesn't lie." Okay she got me there. Still it's unbelievable. "I never cared about my look and all I did was staying in the ground doing all kind of sports I can."

"Why?" Those words escaped my mouth before I could swallow back. I never took her as a sport type considering how soft and gracefully she acts like the perfect queen she is. Then again she herself said she is a weirdo. Very twisted personalty she has like her son.