Chapter 49

*Amanda's pov*

"Agrhhh....!" I groaned for the umpteenth time cracking my knuckles and wiggling my fingers to get rid of the stiffness on them. "Nonsense!" I mumbled throwing an other scroll to the near by bin. A light chuckle echoed in the grand library vibrating among the numerous of old books, pilled up neatly on racks. 

"What was it about?" The mother of my mate questioned placing the scroll she was reading on the big mahogany table, resting her slender fingers on top of it to pay attention to me.

"Crescent moon pack's alpha demanding to prohibited she-wolves from training as it doesn't suit their nature. According to him women are breeding machines!" I said through the gritted teeth, feeling disgust at how still some men take women as their maids and breeding machines. For the past few weeks I got to learn lot about how still some alphas view women and omegas as a weakness of their packs thanks to all studies I did with the queen. Ever since the ball, after I got introduced as the crown princess, she has been training me for the next queen role. We have been attending political matters, requests and meetings together. Learning about our history, traditions, my new powers as queen and lot more. It wasn't boring as I thought considering my mate and his mother never failed to amuse me with their weird relationship. Multiple times our mates bragged into our studies and dragged away us complaining it's not fair to stay away for more than hour. Both father and son have been nothing but a distract in the whole process whining like toddlers seeking attention every now and then.    

"Well well well...!" She taunted standing up and rounding the corner of table to walk towards me. "Why don't we show him what those breeding machines are capable of?" The corner of her lip croaked upwards as she glanced down at me with a mischievous glint on that gaze. I raised an eyebrow knowing very well she is up to something. As I expected she groaned smacking my arm playfully causing me to break into a light chuckle. She still can't raise an eyebrow no matter how much I tried to teach her. "He is soon gonna learn what a girl can do from his own daughter!" A gasp escaped from my mouth.

"But I thought he has a son?" I questioned more than stating a well known fact. The crescent moon pack is a very powerful pack and the alpha of it is a prideful man. A man with big ego and big expectations. And as far as we all know he has a son.

"I never blessed him with more than one child and I specially never blessed him with a son!" She shrugged walking back to her seat leaving me with mouth hanging ajar. "He is faking her birth expecting and praying me for a boy."

"You are not gonna give it." I stated knowing very well about her as she winked confirming my statement. I opened my mouth to question more, but instead of words a sudden gasp escaped from my mouth. A shiver ran down my spin causing my wolf to moan in my head. My eyes widened rolling them back as I bit my bottom lip not knowing why I feel aroused out of nowhere. I crossed my legs under the table clenching my skirt to stop my hands from shaking. Goosebumps arose all over my skin, sweat beds decorating my forehead and I felt the side of my neck wear my mate's mark stood proudly, tingling driving my hormones havoc.

"Look like my naughty mate is corrupting his son!" I snapped out of whatever trance I was when queen's voice ranged in my ears slightly soothing my burning body. She was eyeing me amused as I struggled with my hormones. I winced mentally feeling embarrassed, realizing she must have smelled my arousal. Please ground swallow me!

"Block your mate bond!" She said suddenly making me dumbfound. "If you want to stop feeling like you are about to go on heat, block your mate bond!" She explained furthermore. I just simply nodded my head and did as she instructed creating a wall between me and my mate, ignoring the protests of my wolf. One advantage of being a royal. We can block our mate bond to prevent them from feeling our emotions. Not totally but to some extend where we can decrease the effect of bond. I felt my wolf calming down as well as the beating of my heart slowing down. The arousal slowly started to fade away when I allowed myself to breath normally.