Chapter 39

*Amanda's pov*

"Amator?" Milena's baffled voice echoed in the silence room. "As in the first lycan? The beginning of us?" She questioned skeptically, with wide eyes, staring into his warm golden orbs. A chuckle escaped from his mouth seeing my shock stance as those soft sounds of his chuckling echoed in my ear drums like a soothing music.

"I don't have much time left love!" His still unfamiliar, authoritative voice replied as he extend his arm, lightly brushing his finger pads against my cheeks with a fond look taking over his expression. "I am not even supposed to be here in the first place!"  He further added making both me and my wolf confused. Suddenly his hand froze as his whole stance slagged, replacing that fond look with a grimaced expression. He slowly lowered his hand into his lap meeting my gaze with a odd look. A look that felt like a arrow to my heart. A look of pain and fear. "C-Can I meet..... Her?" he muttered in a meek voice barely glancing at my eyes. Hesitation and fear was evident in his voice. He was on the edge. Like he was waiting for me to snap at him any second. Like.. Like he is waiting for me to push him away any second. And that both confused me and pained me.

My wolf was confused. So as I. But she decided not to press more into the matter and grant his wish, backing away, curling in a corner of my mind, giving me control to handle the situation, cause she couldn't. As I slowly stepped into surface, taking control, my eye colors start to turn normal. And so as the fear in those gaze increase. He tensed and something inside him broke. The eager beast wasn't there anymore. He looked like a kick out puppy.

"Why?" I questioned causing him to flinch when he heard my real voice. His pupils expanded, glowing with a brilliant shade of gold , fascinating me for the umpteenth time today.

'Focus!' Milena snapped somewhat irritated at my spacing out. I snapped myself back to reality, determined to get the answers instead of fangirling over his pupils.

"It's not have been even 24 hours since he promised me to not to keep anymore secrets between us. Then why? Why he hid about your existence from me?" I asked in a soft tone, like trying to approach a wild animal that is on the edge of attacking to save his life. For some reason he seemed nervous around my presence than he was with Milena. 

"H-He doesn't know!" He answered guiltily, wanting to clear of Taehyung's name from my accusing.

"How?" I scrunch my face, looking at him lost causing him to slightly relax. "You are here! Why wouldn't he know about you?"

"Yes I am here!"  He confirmed with a bare hint of a smile touching his features. "At the same time I am not!"  Huh?

"I don't understand?" I honestly said, not preferring suspension he is creating.

"You never did love! That's why we end up in a situation like this."  He let out a light chuckle as those words escaped his mouth. There wasn't sarcasm in that statement, instead it was laced with pain. A hidden ache that still hurting him."Do you hate me?" He questioned out of nowhere making me almost chock on my saliva.

"What are you talking about?" I asked somewhat getting angry at his question. "Why would I hate you? I don't even know you yet properly. Beside you are my mate!" I exclaimed, narrowing my eyes at him. He stared at me blankly, without uttering a any word for few seconds. Just stared.

"If the past is to repeat will you still choose the same path Amy?"  Betrayal! That's how he sounded. Like someone back stabbed him. Tearing his heart and engraving those memories deep into his mind for him to remember that betrayal. He sounded like someone that got turn against by his own.