Chapter 21

*Amanda's pov*

There are two types of mates in our world. Fated mates and chosen mates. Fated mates are the one born for you. The ones that goddess choose for you. We all supernatural creatures have mates. It's an amazing feeling to have a mate. That person is your other half. Your mate completes your soul. Most importantly the mate bond is attract to our supernatural side more that it makes us even more stronger and stability once we find our destined other half. But not everyone in our world find their other half. And some even fell in love with someone else who isn't their's mate. That's where come the chosen mate. Chosen mate is the one we choose for ourselves. It is the most hardest thing to do in this world. Cause your supernatural side never wouldn't accept someone else as yours other than your mate. In wolves some wolves died because of it. It's like almost giving up on your supernatural side. But is is different when it comes to humans. They don't have supernatural sides like us. So it is easy for them to choose their own mate as their desire. They wouldn't have to face any side effects. So most of the humans goes for chosen mates. That's the best though. You can fall in love with who ever you want and choose that person as your other half. What more to  except than being able to choose your own life partner?

Then why? Then why he is choosing me? Sure I am his mate, but it's not like anything bad would happen to him if he didn't choose me. He doesn't have a wolf. So he doesn't have to be scared of the side effects of choosing someone you want as your mate. He can choose someone who really loves him and wouldn't control him or set any expectation as his mate. Some who is suitable for him, worth for him. He has that chance. Then why he is using that chance to choose me? Does he even knows what he is giving up? He is giving up on the chance of being able to free from me for ever. He is not only accepting me as his fated mate but also as his chosen mate. He is tying himself to me. His soul to mine. Does he really wants this? Does he really wants me?

" Amy!" I broke out of my train of thought when he called my name softly. What caught me off guard was not the way he called me but what he called me. He called me Amy. Today for the first time he called me Amy several times.  Only my loved one calls me that. Amy means beloved. Everyone thinks that the queen gave that nick name to me, but in reality it was his son who called me that. She herself once told me when I asked why she gave me that name. Me an prince was close when we were toddlers. And she said that the prince used to call me like that. Amy! Suddenly something stirred inside my mind. Flashes of blurry images crossed my mind. My head start to ache as everything around me became blur. The ground beneath me vanishing as I felt light headed. Images! Images, and images crossed my mind as my head felt like it's about to burst. My eyes rolled to the back of my head as finally one image became clear to me.

A boy! A little boy that looks like five or six with a boxy smile ran around the garden chasing a butterfly. Different variety of colorful flowers surrounded him highlighting his innocent features. His laugh, that soft sound of music echoed in the whole garden as he chased after that butterfly bouncing on his little feet. His tiny little hands reached higher to catch the butterfly just a nail length away from on the tip of his fingers and suddenly he stumbled on his bouncing feet and fell down letting out a screech of surprise.

"Tiger!" An other little voice screamed in panic as a little girl dressed in a mini lace gown with two braid hairs pattered towards him. She knelled down in front of his laying figure with worried eyes as the boy sat down on the floor facing the little girl. There wasn't a any emotions of pain or hurt on that boy's was as he smiled brightly at his friend revealing his front two missing teeth. He raised his both hand into that girls eye level as the little girl's eyes widened seeing the beautiful butterfly peacefully resting on his tiny little hands. A cute little giggle escaped from their's mouth matching each other's happiness.