Chapter 38

*Amanda's pov*

"I love him!"

Those words echoed in my head over and over again making me wonder, where it came from. It wasn't just Kris and my wolf that was caught off guard at my sudden confession. Even I myself couldn't help but question where it was hidden whole this time. Or did I even mean those words.

'You did!' Milena's baffled voice echoed in my mind as she once again remind me that I whole heartedly meant those three words. Yet my mind is still trying to get down from the high places I took it into. A place where I couldn't think about anyone else beside him. A place that I always kept deep hidden inside me. My own fantasy world. My world where only he and I exists. A place where I knew no one other than him and I, living our happy life together. Yes! I have my own little dream world like that. A world I never even built for the person I dated for years but for him, whom I knew only for few months now. My mate! My Kim Taehyung!

My body jerked backward, as I hit something or rather someone, breaking out from the train of thought I was in. A perfect sculpture body with warm brown orbs was met with my sight as I raised my head ready to snap at who ever the intruder was. A sheepish smile perked its' way onto my lips as I try to act like nothing happened under his calculative gaze. Before I could so as say a word, he thrust two small books into my hands, almost making me drop them, if it wasn't for the last second I caught them successfully.

"Principal stopped by! Since any of us bothered to show up on the last day of school before the summer vacation, because of this whole prince and running away phycaso, he decide to bring our reports card home!" He said nonchalantly, sarcasm dripping in his voice. I narrowed my eyes, questioning since when our principal start bringing the absents students result sheets home? As sensing the question running in my head he let out a scoff. "Don't worry. It's not because of us. Once again your smart ass mate got the highest rank in the school from the exam. So he personally wanted congrats his prince. Seeing our reports rooting on the desk, he must have decide to be kind enough for once." The more he talk, the more I got annoyed with his sarcastic tone. 

"What's your problem Jungkook?" I questioned through the gritted teeth, trying my best not to lash out at him. I am right now isn't in a good mental state and this idiot is pushing my buttons.

"What is my problem?" He scoffed mockingly. "My problem is that I don't know who you are anymore Kim Eun Ae! You are a fucking coward!"

"JUNGKOOK!" My angry voice echoed in the hallway with a boom. Probably most of the pack members living in the pack house must have heard it. And if I know better no one would dare to interfere, knowing how pissed I am from my tone. Specially since it was towards this idiot I call my best friend.

"What you wanna strangle me to the death? You wanna rip my throat apart or twist my tongue?" He asked not affected by the tone I used on him. This boy is digging his grave. "But I am gonna say what I have to say. If no one have guts to say this to your face, then let it be me." My eyes twisted as I tried to swallow back a threatening growl that bubbling up on my throat. "Ever since you found out Taehyung is your mate, all you are doing is running away or pushing him away like a coward. You love him. You fucking love him and you know that!" He snapped freezing me on my spot. A chill went down my spin as I swallowed a big lump on my throat. "Yet you are scared. You are scared to accept it and let him in. You are scared to make a commitment, to start a relationship with him. Since you are so scared to get hurt, all you are doing is pushing him away and running away like a pussy. When ever he takes a step forward you are taking two steps back." His each word felt like a arrow to my chest. They pierced Through my heart, twisting it painfully as the reality of those words spread like a wild fire, burning my heart.