Chapter four - Trouble

As Sam woke up the other was still sleeping. He seemed to be so at peace it was incredible. It was kind of adorable to be perfectly honest. Sam carefully sat up to not wake the angel.

After he did that he got his phone out to check the time. It was already 12 pm which was late for Sam since he was usually an early bird.

He decided to get out of bed and make breakfast. Sam was glad that he didn't wake Gabriel because the other needed this sleep.

After he had cooked up a little breakfast his gaze fell upon the veil of grace. Sam then decided to take it with him in the hope that Gabriel would agree on taking it.

As he arrived Gabriel was already awake and brushed through his hair. "Morning, Sam."

"You seem cheery." The tall one smiled. "I've made breakfast." He sat two plates down a long with two glasses and started eating himself.

"Thank you, Samsquatch. You're a real darling." Gabriel winked at the other who just rolled his eyes and smiled because he was too happy that the angel was himself again to be annoyed.

After the two of them ate Sam started to look a bit more serious again. "Gabe, we need to talk." As he finished that sentence he pulled out the other's grace.

The angel's eyes widened. "No! I'm not going to. Not now."

Sam reached out to put his hand on the angel's. "Please. This will help you. The world needs you! We need you." His voice got softer. "Gabriel, I need you!"

The other just starred at him and slowly reached for the bottle filled with his angel juice. "Well, looks like I'm gonna power up for my damsel into stress." He tried his best to grin but fear filled his golden eyes as he took his grace and downed it like a shot of whiskey which he would have preferred.

After he had consumed all of his grace his eyes lit up just as if he were to use his powers.

Sam smiled at him. "See it wasn't too bad. Let's tell the other's." But just as they arrived in their kind of living area where the other's were Sam's phone started to buzz.

As he picked up he put it on speaker so anyone can hear. He soon regretted his choice because the voice from the other line was way too familiar. It was Asmodeus.

As Gabriel heard his voice fear shot through his whole body. He knew taking his grace was a bad idea.

"I know you have something that belongs to me and I would like to have it back."

Sam got a bit nervous. "I don't know what you're talking about." He tried his best to remain calm so that Gabriel wouldn't have to worry. But it wasn't working. He was full on panicking.

"I know that you have Gabriel, the archangel and I want him back." Asmodeus voice sounded annoyed.

"Yeah, how about no." Sam was just about to hang up when Asmodeus spoke again.

"I'm gonna get him anyway and if you won't cooperate I will destroy your little bunker and your family. You have ten minutes to return him."

Sam was unsure what to say but he didn't need to say anything as Asmodeus hung up. He grabbed Gabriel's shoulders to reassure him.

"I'm not gonna let him take you, okay?" He shot him a weak smile. "Okay, so our plan. We're gonna put you back in your room while we greet Asmodeus with our angel blades."

Castiel nodded. "That sounds like the best plan that we can organise in 10 minutes."

They got Gabriel back in his room and stayed with him until they were sure someone arrived.