Chapter thirty-six - Perfect

Things in heaven calmed down and Lucifer agreed to working with another angel to keep an eye on him. He was trying to make an effort. Sure he had his temper tantrums but that was just who he was. At least he didn't try murdering everything again.

With heaven in good hands Gabriel was able to spend more time at the bunker hanging around his favorite mystery solving brothers. One night he was alone with Castiel. They were just sitting at a table. Castiel was going through the papers and Gabriel was eating some sweets waiting for Sam to come back. It was a bit awkward.

"Cas?" Gabriel spoke up. "I never apologized for all the things I threw your way that day and for all the horrible things I said. So, I'm sorry. You think you can forgive me?"

Castiel just looked at him surprised "Of course! I've said way worse things and did worse things. I guess we both made some mistakes, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Well, good thing we met the Winchesters. No matter how annoying and stubborn they can be." Castiel smiled to himself.

As if summoned the brothers came through the door. "Speaking of the devil." Gabe stood up and went to greet Sam with a million kisses. "Heya, handsome."

The hunter laughed. "You missed me?" He intertwined their fingers.

"Of course!" The angel kissed him again. "How did everything go? Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine. No need to worry. The hunt went really smooth." Sam stroked the other's cheek. "But enough about that. You wanna grab dinner?"

A wide smile spread across the other's face. "That would be great!" 

So the two went to a cozy little restaurant in venice. After they ate Gabriel got them in a Gondola. The city around them was already filled with the warm light of the streetlamps.

But the two lovers only had eyes for each other. The angel placed his hand on the other's cheek and pulled him into a kiss. "You look stunning, darling. I love you."

"I love you, too." Sam put his hand on the other's gently brushing over it with his thumb. "This is great. Thank you, Gabe. I haven't been able to relax like this in ages."

"No need to thank me, honey. I'm just glad we're together." Gabriel pulled the other's hand to his mouth to kiss it. "You are the best thing that has happened to me and that's saying something."

Their boat calmly swayed over the water until it got shaken by a small wave making Gabriel loose his balance and fall into the other's arms. Their Gondolier quickly apologized.

"It's fine don't worry. I mean I got my Samsquatch to catch me." He grinned up at his love before getting pulled closer by the taller one.

Sam let his fingers run through his hair. "Good thing I was here and that you fell towards me and not in the water." He chuckled while staring into the other's eyes. The streetlights reflected beautifully in them making them seem golden.

He didn't even noticed how long he had been lost in them until Gabriel spoke up. "Earth to Sam! You like what you're looking at." A smirk adorned his face.

The hunter blushed a bit. "Sorry I didn't mean to just stare at you."

"No, no you should do it more often. I enjoy your attention." Gabriel kissed him. His hand lingering on the others. "Wanna get some drinks?"

"Sure."

So, they left the Gondola and the angel teleported him on hill far off from civilization together with some booze. "It's quiet here." He handed the other a drink.

"Thanks." Sam smiled taking a sip. "The stars are really beautiful out here. Where are we?"

"Somewhere in Switzerland. I wanted to have some privacy." Gabriel kissed him. His hand softly stroking the other's cheek.  "You are so beautiful. You know there is nothing I love more then just looking at you."

"I love you, too." 

It was quiet as the two just started at each other smiling like idiots. Everything had worked out well. They were like were like the perfect mixture of a young married couple who showers each other with affection and an old one who loves bickering.

The two completed each other. Gabriel was the perfect chaotic half to Sam who was more calm. They wouldn't have imagined ending up with each other. The angel thought that if he ever had anything with the other it would be a freaky one night stand.

Sam mostly wondered how he got from having a calm girlfriend to being in absolute love with the feral mess he called his boyfriend.

Over time and after some drinks they lied down and watched the stars. "-and that one is the big dipper." Sam pointed out the constellations and Gabriel loved it. Suddenly a bright star shot over the horizon.

"Sam! Make a wish." The angel turned to him excitedly. "Just hope that wasn't Luci again." He joked laughing at his own joke.

The other laughed as well. "Okay. I just wish for everything to stay the same because it's really good right now."

"Dad, damn it Sam now it won't come true! You're not supposed to tell someone what your wish was." Gabriel got in his face frowning. "You jinxed it."

This made Sam break out in laughter. "You're cute."

From all the things he could've said the angel didn't expect this and he blushed bright red.

After they continued to cuddle for a while with Gabriel hiding his face in the other's chest they went home.

The two took a bath together with Sam gently washing the angel's hair like he did when he was hurt. Gabriel smiled and leaned against him enjoying the other's fingers in his hair.

The hunter hummed a soft melody while playing with the other's hair longer than necessary. They eventually got out after Gabriel nearly flooded the whole bathroom floor while splashing Sam with water.

He took a towel and flung it over the other's neck pulling him into a kiss. The two then got dressed and went to bed.

But Gabriel wanted some cake in the middle of the night and his boyfriend had baked him one the day before. So, he went to the kitchen. When he got there though he found something else.

"Dad?"