Chapter twenty-two - Aftermath

Lucifer teleported them back to the Motel. They laid Sam down on the bed. He was still unconscious. Gabriel felt terrible he sat down on a chair far away from his boyfriend in fear of hurting him again. The thing that scared him most was that he never meant to hurt him. It might sound strange but knowing that he had no control was scarier than anything. What if next time he loses control he kills him? It was too dangerous for Sam to be around him, at least right now. 

He was missing too much of his grace and was hurt which meant that his body was running on autopilot most of the time to protect him. This mostly showed through his body directing all his grace to healing that wound. But in the more extreme cases, things like earlier happened. He had no control over it. 

After a few minutes, Sam woke up. He had no idea what had happened and just sat up being worried about his angel. As he did that he felt a sharp pain pulse through his head. It took him a bit to get a clear vision. His gaze fell upon Dean, Castiel, and Lucifer?! "Where is Gabriel and what is he doing here?" The hunter had no interest in talking to the devil. He just needed to know if his significant other was safe.

Gabriel stood up but didn't move any closer. "I'm here, Samsquatch." His voice sounded hoarse and he had a hard time speaking. The archangel felt like he was going to suffocate on his own words. His throat was burning from trying to keep it together.

Castiel took Dean and Lucifer outside wanting to give the two of them a bit of space. Sam was just confused. He didn't understand why the other was acting so strange. "Hey, why don't you come closer? I'm so happy you're okay." He just wanted him to be by his side and stay there.

"I can't come closer. I don't want you to get hurt. What happened to you was me. It was my fault." Gabriel paused nearly choking on his own words. The guilt was eating him from the inside. "I can't even express how fucking sorry I am." He was angry at himself.

The hunter knew how guilty his boyfriend felt and it was awful. He didn't blame him. No one did except for himself. "Hey, It wasn't your fault okay? I don't care. No one blames you. I love you. Now can you please come over here."

"No! You don't understand it, do you? I care! I did this. It's my fault because I had to tag along and couldn't just rest and wait until everything was fine again. I hurt you and I will never forgive myself for that." Gabriel turned away from him feeling uncomfortable.

Sam was unsure of what to say. He knew the archangel was hurting more than he was right now. It took him a bit before he found the right words. "It's not your fault stop blaming yourself. I love you and you didn't mean to hurt me so it's fine. Accidents happen." He tried to sound as calming as possible.

"I'm a ticking time bomb! It's just a matter of time till I accidentally really hurt you and that's the problem. It wasn't in my control. I'm a weapon and that's all I'm ever gonna be! I don't want you to get mixed up in this mess." 

"I already am! Don't you get it, Gabe? This is my choice. It was my choice to get together with you and it is my choice to stay with you. I don't care if something could happen. I am a goddamn hunter, Gabriel. My life is always on the line." Sam carefully got up and moved towards the other. "You're alive. You have feelings and you're not just a weapon." He placed his and on the angel's chin. "Don't push me away, please."

The archangel felt like an idiot why did he always have to be this angsty. He wasn't part of a fucking fanfiction. But he just got so scared easily. This was all really new to him, the relationship, facing the world and not hiding behind a fake identity.

"I'm sorry. I was just scared. I'm an idiot I'm sor-" The archangel was interrupted by the other kissing him softly. It calmed him down a lot.

As Sam stopped he put his forehead against the other's. "Stop apologizing. There's no need for that. Now come on I want to cuddle with you." The hunter pulled him to the bed and they laid down. He put his arm around him and smiled.

-I know this is a bit shorter but I wanted to settle this before focusing on Destiel a bit due to the wishes of a reader. So sorry for writing this little mini-chapter but I wanted to make the Destiel chapter a separate thing :)