Chapter twelve- Past and Passion

The sun was setting as the four arrived at the rebel camp. As soon as they stepped into the camp Mary went up to Sam to hug him. Dean just looked at him confused after he saw Lucifer enter with them.

"Sam, what happened?" He went up to them.

"Lucifer brought me back."

The fallen angel put on an innocent smile and shrugged. "It's what I do." His gaze fell upon his son.

Castiel quickly intervened. "It's not what you do. How did you get in here anyway?"

Lucifer went closer to the other's. "VIP passes. Besides with my little bro being a hot mess and a little crybaby I figured you could use some help." He placed his elbow on Gabriel's shoulder who quickly brushed him off.

The fallen archangel didn't mind it and went over to Jack. "Your name is Jack."

The nephilim who was a bit confused looked at him. "And yours is Lucifer." He knew that it was his father that stood in front of him. His biological father at least.

Not even a minute after Jack uttered this words did Dean intervene. "No no no no no." He pointed at Lucifer as he made his way over to the two. "You don't talk to him." His finger moved to the Nephilim. "And you don't listen to him."

Lucifer shrugged again. "Don't you think it's his choice?"

Without Jack having a chance to answer Cas did so for him. "No."

"What you're trying to keep me from my son?" Lucifer scoffed.

The other angel didn't care about Jack's genetics. "This is Kelly Kline's son. He's nothing like you. On top of that he already has us and he's family."

"Stop that sentimental stuff. Nothing like me? I'm the only one who understands him. Who understands his power."

Dean was done listening to Satan himself. So he looked at Gabriel. "Kill him."

This made the archangel in question uncomfortable. Even if he wanted to he was to weak to do anything about it and Lucifer knew it. So he chuckled lightly. "He's not strong enough."

Sam also intervened. "Dean, are you crazy? Sure he has the blade but still no."

Dean was starting to get angry. "Like you said he's got the blade. Go on kill him."

"Dean..." Gabriel wanted to reason with him but Dean just kept on going until Jack teleported away.

There was a moment of silence as they realised that they all fucked up and overwhelmed him. While Dean started to argue with Lucifer Gabriel was more concerned for the boy. He looked lost and didn't like them fighting. The kid reminded him of himself. So he spoke up. "I'm gonna go and look for him."

He left without hesitation. While he was on his way the other's put Lucifer into the angel handcuffs. Sam went over to Dean.

"What was that just now? You know that Gabe isn't strong enough even with the blade. Do you want him to die or what?" He was angry. He just couldn't get why his brother would expect something like this.

The problem was that Dean was still furious. "Than what can he do? He couldn't even heal you! All he can do is create more problems."

This send Sam over the edge. "You know what? At least he's trying! What did you do? Nothing." He stormed off. After the whole argument he had to cool down.

"Yeah, run off!"

Castiel who had watched the whole thing was concerned as they needed to stick together. "Dean, I know you're stressed. But you need to calm down. I know you didn't mean what you said but still. Your brother cares about Gabriel. How would you react if Sam would say something like that about me or Mary?"  He put one hand on the other's cheek.