Chapter ten - Before we go

It was night time as they arrived back at the bunker. Dean and Castiel went to their room. Sam just looked at Gabriel. "Come on let's get you fixed up and eat something."

They went into the kitchen and Gabriel sat down on the kitchen counter so that Sam could inspect his wounds.

He cleaned the other's wound again and put some fresh bandages on. After that, he helped him off the counter and got some food out of the fridge.

"You know that you don't have to cook right?" Gabriel snapped his fingers and a candlelight dinner appeared on the table.

Sam just put the food back into the fridge without saying a word and sat down with the other. "And you know that this is a bit much, right?"

The archangel just shook his head. "It's supposed to be like this. Now eat you must be starving."

He was right Sam was really hungry since he didn't really have time to eat that much. So he just dug into it. After they ate Gabriel snapped the dishes away. 

The two then went back to Sam's room. As they arrived Gabriel just started to undress and put on the clothes that Sam had given him to sleep in. Those consisted of a large hoodie and a pair of sweatpants.

But this time the archangel only wore the hoodie which was long enough to pass as a short dress. Sam couldn't even see the other's boxers. The hunter had to admit that he looked extremely adorable. His face turned a light shade of pink.

As Gabriel looked at Sam again he noticed that the other was slightly blushing a bit. "You wanna call me cute again, big guy?" He grabbed Sam's arm like he always does and shot him a grin.

Sam just rolled his eyes like he was annoyed but he couldn't hold himself back from smiling like an idiot. "Shut your pie hole."

He then got undressed as well and put on some sweatpants. After that, they lied down.

Sam stared at the ceiling for a while. His thoughts were revolving around the person next to him. He was worried about what had happened that day and what he had overheard.

"You sure you are alright? I mean I heard what Loki said." His gaze now fell upon the archangel who felt uncomfortable.

"Yes, he was right to say such things. But he is wrong about one thing. I found something that I'll live for which isn't pleasure." He looked at the other smiling softly.

Sam cupped his face. "He's wrong about everything! You're not spineless. You agreed on coming with us to defeat Michael. I wouldn't call that spineless. You are most definitely not a failure. Do I need to go on?" He brushed his thumbs along the other's cheeks.

Gabriel himself was surprised and touched as a slight pink spread across his face. He had to hold himself back so much to not kiss him. He smiled and just hugged the other closing his eyes.

"You are way to sweet, Sammy bear. I just wanna kiss you." He joked even though it was true.

The two stayed like that for a while until they fell asleep.

As Gabriel woke up Sam was already gone. So the archangel stood up as well, changing into his normal clothes and going towards the kitchen. When he arrived he saw Sam on his laptop.

"Good fucking morning, Samsquatch!" He sat down next to him.

"Morning. The other's are out to get more supplies and stuff for tomorrow." He smiled and closed his laptop.

Gabriel looked at him a bit confused. "Tomorrow?" He had totally forgotten what they had planned.

"You know us going to the other dimension." Sam chuckled a bit. "Don't tell me you forgot about it."