Chapter thirty-eight - Archangels

After Gabriel had told the other's about his encounter they sat down at a table together. "This is a lot." Cas muttered while the archangel contacted his older brothers to tell them about their old man.

"It is." Sam just watched his boyfriend pacing around. "He's a mess."

With thunder the other archangels came. Raphael was the first to speak up. "What is going on? Are you okay?" He put a hand on his little brother's shoulder.

"Not really, dad showed up." Gabriel looked at him still really hurt. But this peaked Michael's interest.

"Dad was here?! Why- where has he been?" He was suprised and confused. Why would their father never answer his prayers but randomly show up to say hi to Gabriel?

Gabriel looked down. "Lucifer was right. He's been watching all this time and he didn't even bother to get you out of the cage or to get me away from Asmodeus. He threatened me."

"Hah- I knew it... wait what?!" Lucifer was furious. Their deadbeat dad shows up in forever just to threaten his little brother.

Michael looked betrayed. "This can't be right. It must have been someone else. Maybe it was a joke." He didn't want to comprehend what he was told.

While Lucifer started arguing with Micharl about how he could be so dumb not to see through their dad's charade, Raphael was just quiet and looking at the floor.

The two oldest started to hit each other and Gabriel tried to get in between them to break them up.

Dean chuckled. "Man, I'm glad I only have one brother. And here I thought our family was a mess."

Sam just looked at him annoyed and was in motion to stand up and help Gabriel but then Raphael spoke up.

"Get a hold of yourselfs! I'm so fucking tired of your fighting. You're adults act like it." He finally snapped and everyone was quiet. Raphael had been the last person they expected to lose his temper.

After everyone was quiet he looked at Gabriel expectantly. The younger one caught onto what he wanted from him and started talking.

"I wanted to ask you guys for help with finding a way to stop dad." He looked at the others hopefully.

"Hell yeah, I'll take any excuse to fuck with Pops." Lucifer just grinned. He didn't need a reason to be against their father.

Raphael just nodded. "I owe the Winchesters for resurrecting me and I won't stay by and see you get hurt, Gabriel. So, yes I'm in."

The only one who initially hesitated was Michael. He was unsure of what to do but when he looked at his brothers he just sighed. "Alright. I mean you saved me while he did nothing. I can't really defend him. But I won't kill him."

So the three archangels moved back in with the Winchesters to make sure their little brother was fine which would turn out to be chaotic.

Sam and Gabriel were sitting on the sofa watching some shows and cuddling since the archangel needed a break after being confronted with his daddy issues.

But they weren't alone as the angel's brother's were sitting next to them making Sam really uncomfortable since he was getting stared at.

After trying to ignore them Gabriel sighed. "Would you mind giving us some privacy?"

Michael just looked at him intrigued. "I don't understand what you like so much about him. He seems pretty ordinary and it's not like he's immortal."

"And he killed my dog." Lucifer looked at the hunter a bit pissed. He still wasn't over him killing Ramsay.

"You tortured me! My soul was in pieces because of you!" Sam sat up.

Gabriel just looked at him confused. "Wait- you killed a dog?"

"It was a hellhound that was murdering people!" The hunter threw his arms in the air. "He wanted to murder me."

"Actually She was a girl. She was a good girl. Just because she was a bit aggressive-"

"A bit?! She was mauling people to death!"

Gabriel looked at his boyfriend and brother arguing and just started laughing. This made them both look at him confused. "Sorry, this just seems so nice and familiar. Just you guys spending time with my boyfriend and me like a real family."

"Do you want me to start screaming at Sam, too? I can do it even better than Lucifer." Michael just looked at him smiling. He wanted to be the best brother. So, he started screaming at Sam about how he was weird being a human and needing sleep etc. This made Lucifer get even more competitive and he started to get back in the arguement.

The hunter just looked at them being completely overwhelmed. But when he saw his boyfriend laughing after looking so hurt and broken the past few hours it was worth it.

Gabriel wanted to stop them and explain that this wasn't what he had meant but he couldn't stop laughing at his brothers competing over who was better in arguing.

Raphael just sat there and looked confused. But a smile adorned his face. It reminded him of when their were back in heaven competing over everything.

After Gabriel had calmed down he stopped them and to his suprise Lucifer put his hand out towards Sam.

"I'm sorry. I really am. Could you give me a second chance? I'm trying I really am. If you do I'll forgive you for killing my dog." He smirked at him. The last part was a joke to ease the tension that was between the two after the cage fiasco and his fight with Gabriel.

Sam just smiled and took it. "We're on the same team now. I'll forgive you and I'm sorry about Ramsay. " His boyfriend grinned from ear to ear. Right now was great. He was happy to have his brothers back. Sure it wasn't always perfect but family never is.

"Sooo...about that privacy?" Gabriel looked at his brothers. Raphael just stood up and dragged the other two with him winking at his little brother.

"They're a lot aren't they?" The angel beamed at his boyfriend. He cuddled against him again.

Sam chuckled and pulled him close. "A lot is an understatement. But then again you're a lot, too."

"A lot of sexiness?"

"A lot of bad jokes, bad nicknames and just you in general." Sam kissed him softly on the forehead.

Gabriel pulled him into a deep and passionate kiss. "That sounds like a lot of positive attributes! I can also be a lot of fun." He moved his hand to his boyfriend's crotch and kissed him again lingering on his lips even longer than before.

The hunter would have loved to make out and even more but he wanted to make sure the other was okay first. So he took his hand away from in between his legs and just continued to hold it. "Are you okay, Gabe? After everything that happened. Do you want to talk about it?"

This made the angel sigh. He knew the other was meaning well by asking about it and he should talk about it but he never liked talking about stuff like that. "It's just I always knew he was a deadbeat dad. I mean he has been gone for thousand centuries. But the fact that he knew what was going on and didn't do anything. Like he is literally God. He could've just snapped his fingers and freed me. But hey, he didn't even get his perfect son Michael out of the cage. So why should he care for the problem child? Lucifer was always his favorite. Michael was the perfect son and Raphael was the perfect brother. I was just the failure."

Sam grabbed him by his shoulders. "Don't say that! You're the best person/angel I've ever met! God is just an asshole! You're the opposite of a failure!"

"You're screaming nice things at me again and it's still very confusing." Gabriel chuckled and a small smile spread across his face. "Thank you, I think I just need some time."

He cuddled against him again. "I'm sorry you have to deal with my family problems."

"You're problems are my problems." Sam lovingly brushed his hands through the other's hair and pulled him closer. "We'll get through this."