Chapter thirty-two - Alone

When Sam woke up he didn't see Gabriel laying next to him but a little note and a rose. Confused he opened it.

Hey, Samsquatch

Sorry I left so suddenly I didn't want to wake you! But heaven has problems again. -.-
Call me when you're awake.

Xoxo, your incredible handsome boyfriend, that loves you very much,
Gabe

The hunter chuckled a bit and got out his phone. Almost immediately the other picked up.

"Oh thank my father you called! It is so boring."

Sam got up from the bed. "Then why are you there? I thought Michael had it handled?"

A long sigh came from the other side of the line. "Well, apparently Lucifer wants to play a part in the heaven thing again. So, now heaven is divided again." The archangel paused for a while. "Look, I've got to be honest with you. This might take a while angels aren't the fastest at handling conflicts when they aren't solving them through war. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Gabe. I think I'll be fine!" Sam chuckled a bit not knowing why this would be a big deal. They would be able to spend some time apart it wasn't that bad. "You'll deal with your family problems and if you need any help or anything you know where to find me."

"Okay. If you need me just call me, pray to me or something I'll be there. I'll keep an eye on you, Samshine." The archangel smiled to himself thinking of the other. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Gabe."

After they ended their call Sam went to eat some breakfast and look for his brother. Rather quickly he found him and Castiel wandering along the beach.

He joined them and they talked for a bit, mostly discussing how long they wanted to stay. "Well, we gotta get back eventually." Sam shrugged.

In the end they went home that evening or most of them. Crowley and Rowena stayed for a bit corrupting some Germans before departing, as well.

Gabriel had been in heaven for about a month already but everytime Sam came back from a hunt he found a gift from the angel in his room. He thought it was sweet. The angel also texted him from time to time, at least during the first two weeks. He would always complain to him how bored he was and how they were arguing about nothing.

The hunter had been quite busy himself. He tried to sort of help the people from the alternate universe to fit in and to get used to living in this world. There were also a lot of hunts to take care of.

But just as Sam wanted to head out Dean stopped him. "Hey, it's already pretty late. Don't you want to take a break? I can take this one for you."

"No, it's fine I-"

Castiel popped up behind his boyfriend. "We'll take it. You can stay home."

With a sigh Sam accepted knowing there was no use arguing with them. Cas smiled. "Do something fun or so. Stop drowning yourself in work."

"I'm not-" Sam wanted to protest but before he could finish his sentence the two were gone. "- drowning myself in work..." He went back to his room and got out a book. Rowena had given it to him. It was something about spells and such. Sam found it interesting and sometimes dabbled with the idea of trying one out but then he remembered how the witch told him not to and that it would be extremely dangerous.

The hunter found himself getting bored easily. It was just way more quiet without the other and his texts had stopped as well. Normally Sam would have been extremely worried but Gabriel still sent him gifts so he just assumed the angel was busy.

And busy he was. Gabriel felt like he was in some sort of prison. He couldn't leave and Michael had taken his phone. They were all sitting on a big white conference table and talked or screamed about everything at once. Due to them being angels they didn't take any breaks either. So, Gabriel was stuck in an infinite conference that was held by toddlers. But if they wouldn't deal with the problems like this there would be war, again and if there was one thing Gabriel didn't want or need it was another war.

Of course, he tried to make new phones but Michael would always find out and then that would derail their discussion again. So, Gabe just stayed silent. Sure, he had to try and calm his brothers from time to time but except for that he felt a bit unnecessary.

A few more weeks passed and the hunter was starting to really miss the other's stupid jokes and his dumb nicknames. Sam used the time he had to organize the other hunters that were in the bunker giving them  all phones so they could always check in with him. This way he could make sure they were alright.

He had a lot of time on his hand considering that he would barely get any sleep. His nightmares had returned. So, he just decided to sleep as little as he had to, to work against them. Dean had commented on it from time to time as well as his beard which he hadn't really shaved in a while. He just didn't really bothered and actually thought it didn't look too bad.

Gabriel on the other hand had already forgotten about the concept of time. Since he didn't have a watch nearby and didn't see the sun he couldn't quite tell how long he had been sitting in that white room at that white table. It was so terribly boring. He had actually counted how many sections of wood there were on the ceiling and floor and walls. He didn't have anything better to do anyway.

The angel had stopped listening to the conversation and just sang some songs in his head.