Chapter eighteen - Family problems

*Little warning this chapter might be triggering for some since it features abuse/ a fight that gets out if hand (I'm not sure what to label it). I don't think it's so well written that it might be live like.But just in case I wanted to give you guys a heads up.*

The sun had already risen as Sam slowly opened his eyes. He only saw golden feathers and the archangel who they belonged to.  His eyes then wandered down to the other's chest which was moving up and down like it should. He wondered how long the other's wound would take to heal. It certainly seemed like Michael did some good damage. Luckily he didn't do more.

Sam let the past night's events pass his mind. Had he been to harsh to Lucifer? He did save Gabriel from getting killed. No, he was out of line. There was no excuse for what he said to his brother. No one should have something like that thrown their way.

He brushed some hair out of the other's face. The archangel looked so peaceful and calm. It took his mind of his worries. All he did was focus on the one he loved who was laying next to him.

Sam wished for this moment to go on forever. So that it would never end but sadly his brother came in through the door.

"Hey, Sammy-" Dean's gaze fell onto the enormous golden wings. "Woah. I didn't know angels could do that."

"Apparently they can but it takes a lot of power to dematirelize them again." The younger brother sat up carefully to not wake the other in which he succeeded. His body was still covered in the angel's wings. "What did you want?"

Dean shook off the surprise and answered. He explained that they found a new hunt to go on. So, Sam stood up and started to get ready. But before he could leave Gabriel woke up.

He was still a bit drowsy. "Mh. Samsquatch, where are you going?" He sat up meeting the other's eyes.

"On a hunt." The hunter went up to his not anymore sleeping beauty and kissed him. He just wanted to give him a little peck on the lips. But Gabriel pulled him down and locked their lips for longer.

After the archangel released him he spoke up. "Can't you stay a bit longer?" He kissed him again not waiting for an answer. His kisses were passionate and longing.

"No, sadly I can't. Dean's really impatient." Sam moved away from his boyfriend. Even though he would have loved to get intimate with him again there was no time.

Gabriel sat up as well no longer drowsy. "I'll come with you." He managed to dematirelize his wings as he was well rested. "I know you don't want me to because I'm still hurt but I can handle it."

"No way! Gabe, that's too risky."

"Please, do you trust me?" The archangel took his boyfriend's hands and looked at him reassuringly.

"Of course I trust you but-" Sam let out a long sigh. He knew there was no stopping him. "Okay, but you need to be careful and you need to promise me to not do anything dumb."

"Great!" Gabriel stood up and changed into new clothes. He took the other's arm. "Let's go Samsquatch."

He wanted to do something exciting again and a hunt was perfect for that. Even though his wound still hurt like hell he tried his best to literally walk it off. At least he had some eye candy.

While they were on the way to Dean Sam had to leave because he needed to talk to Rowena. So Gabriel waited for him a few meters ahead.

All of the sudden Lucifer approached him. "Hey, Gabe can we-" He wanted to apologise for what he said because he knew he went to far like he always did. But his brother cut him off.

"Go. Away." Gabriel was not in the mood to talk to him. He wanted to leave but the other grabbed his wrist. "Let go off me!"

"No, not until you listen to me." Without knowing he grabbed the other's wrist tighter while he struggled trying to leave.

Gabriel flinched. "You're hurting me!" He tried to free his hand of his brother's grasp. "Let go off me!" But it was no use he only hurt himself more.

"No. You'll listen to me!" Lucifer got a bit angry he just wanted to apologise. He didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing. "I'm sorry. I never meant to say that and to take the argument so far. I just didn't want you to get hurt."

Gabriel chuckled annoyed. "Well, you did an awful job! You not only hurt me with your words you're hurting me right now!" He gestured to his wrist.

"I just want you to listen to me! If you try to run away that's your fault. You should be thankful that I look out for you!" Lucifer's grip tightened even more which made the other flinch again and struggle more. "Oh, stop your whining!"

Meanwhile Sam had found Rowena. "So, have you found the spell yet?" He sat down across from her. They were in her room.

Rowena took out an older book which was bound in leather. "Yes, but I still need some more ingredients. This is a pretty complicated one but I can pull it off", she said in her thick accent. "How is the angel, by the way?"

"He's doing better but he isn't careful enough. I'm really worried about him." Sam took a moment to take a deep breath. "Thank you. Can you give me a list of the ingredients?"

"Sure. I just need some paper and a pen." The witch turned to a drawer searching for the previously named items. They had no idea what was going on with the two archangels.

"I'm trying so hard and this is the thanks I get? For the love of our dad, you're just as bad as the humans! Probably because you keep sleeping with them. They're pathetic you know? They-" Lucifer wanted to go on but he felt a hand hit his cheek. It stung really bad as his brother had slapped him across the face with his free hand.

"They are at least not so self-centered like you always thinking you're the victim! Don't you dare talk like that just because you can't handle that they took your spotlight!"

Lucifer got really angry. "Shut up! Can't you see that I'm trying to help you?! I'm the only one who will ever understand you! Sure, Sam's great but he's just human he will never understand your struggles. I'm your brother. You need me!" He was now full on screaming at the other who was avoiding his gaze and just struggling to get his hand free. "You've become weak."

Gabriel knew he wouldn't get his hand free so he gave up. His head hanging low. He just wanted to leave so he did the only thing he thought would get his brother to leave him alone. "I'm sorry." He apologised even though he didn't do anything wrong he just couldn't stand the screaming anymore.

Lucifer pulled his brother into a hug. "We only have each other. Raph is dead and Michael doesn't care. You know I'm sorry for hurting your wrist, right? I didn't mean to harm you." He then let the other go who excused himself being finally able to leave.

The younger brother tried his best to look like he was fine until he was out of the other's sight. He knew Lucifer couldn't change. As he made his way around a corner he leaned against a wall taking a deep breath. He wanted to scream but he managed to contain himself.

Just now did his gaze fell upon his wrist which was bruised and hurt. He quickly pulled the sleeves of his hoodie over it. It was embarrassing that he couldn't stand up for himself so he didn't want anyone to see. He pulled himself together again and went to Dean and Cas.

Sam arrived a few moments later and they got in the car. The hunter noticed that his significant other was acting kind of off. So he pulled him closer. "Hey, Gabe is everything alright? You seem like something is bothering you."

Gabriel smiled at the other. Sure he wasn't feeling fine but just knowing that someone cared was helping. "I'm fine just thinking." But no matter how much Sam cared about him he couldn't tell him at least not yet.

The hunter was still not convinced but decided to not press the matter for now. He just took his hand and brushed his thumb along it. Gabriel needed someone to be there even if he wasn't ready to open up yet so he just cuddled with him in the back of the Impala.