Chapter fourty-four - Forever

When Sam woke up Gabriel was already on his feet fussing around the place. Something was wrong. He sat up which made his boyfriend jump a bit.

The hunter looked at him a bit puzzled. "What's wrong? You usually sleep in."

"I want to go and talk to Amara." His boyfriend looked at him still fiddling with his hands.

This made Sam get up. "Do you think that's a good idea? You're defenseless and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I do. We just need to find her first."

"Well, I guess Rowena could handel that bit but are you sure? This is really risky." He took his boyfriend's hands in his looking really worried.

But Gabe just kissed him. "Yes, like you said I'm defenseless. I am no threat to her like this."

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

"You have a better idea? Look we've been debating what to do for ages and I just want my dad off my fucking back. Like he can't just let you guys be happy?" He leaned against the taller one. His fingers still intertwined with his. "I've got this, ok?"

"Yeah. Just be careful, please. I don't want to loose you." Sam gave him a kiss on the forehead. "How about we go out and get some breakfast?"

This put a big smile on the other's face. They quickly got dressed and into the car. Dean would probably get mad at them for taking baby without permission but lucky the hunter was busy doing something or someone different.

Gabe put his hand out of the window and started doing wavy motions while the wind passed it. Everything felt different now that he was human and it was kind of fun if he was being honest. He experienced a lot way more extremely, like when Sam brushed over his hand or when he gently let his finger comb through his hair.

Sam found that his angel had adapted some small sweet habits since he fell. When he would fall asleep he would some times make some adorable little noises like singular snores and stuff (if that makes sense). He also started stealing the hunter's hoodies more frequently since he started to get cold. Everything that Gabriel newly discovered made him extremely excited which Sam found absolutely adorable.

When they arrived at a small diner they got inside and ordered some food. The former archangel ordered some pancakes and when they arrived he happily dug in. "Man, I never thought food could taste any better but damn, since I'm human it just tastes even more amazing!" A big smile adorned his face.

"You're cute." Sam just stared at him.

His boyfriend grinned and leaned over the table to give him a quick kiss. "Well, you're even cuter." He continued to shovel down the food.

When they were done Gabriel begged the other to walk through the near by park which Sam agreed to. The former archangel kept hugging his arm while walking until he stopped.

This made his boyfriend look at him confused. "What's wrong?"

"I feel like this could end any second. I'm dreading it. It scares me not being able to protect you." Gabriel was distraught and looked to the ground. "I have the feeling everything might go wrong. I don't want to die. I never had to thought about dying and the scariest thing is I know there will be nothing waiting for me after death. I'll go to the empty. But most importantly I don't want to leave you or see you die. I never felt like this about anybody."

Sam made him look up at him. "Hey, it will be fine, I promise you. I won't leave you and you won't die, okay?"

"How are you so sure? Aren't you scared?"

"I am. But if I know one thing about this crazy world it's that nothing is unbeatable. I might just be a human but we're not alone. We're not gonna die." Sam hugged him tightly just holding him close. "I promise you we'll be alright. I mean you even got Lucifer and Michael to coexist and work together! "

Gabriel chuckled. "Yeah, you're right and I have never met a more stubborn human!" He hit him in the arm. "You guys definitely caused the angels some bad headaches."

"Hey! They are just as bad." The hunter smiled and gave his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek.

"That's true they can be assholes, they are assholes. But you're the one who chose to date one!"

"Nah, you're different."

The two continued walking and laughing until Gabriel suddenly blurted something out. "Do you want to marry me?"

This made Sam stop immediately. He just looked at the other suprised and overwhelmed.

"I mean only if you want to. I don't want to make things weird. I just thought maybe-"

Sam didn't really concentrate on anything the other was saying. It felt like the world stopped spinning for a moment. This was all he had wanted for so long. To have a stable relationship. To get married. Sure, it was a bit soon in any normal circumstance. But this wasn't normal.

"Yes!" He kissed his boyfriend much to his suprise. "Of course!" He spun him around and was smiling from ear to ear. "Let's get married!"