Chapter thirty-three - Together again

It had been roughly two months since the archangel left and Sam had went on another hunt. He went alone this time. Crowley had informed him about some rogue demons. So, he located them and went there to get them to stop killing and possessing random humans.

What he didn't know was that there were 10 of them. Sam quickly texted his brother for backup while staying hidden. But of course the demons found him rather quickly. That was just his luck.

He got out his blade and killed the demon that had found him. But it was to late the others had already saw him and they pinned him down.

"Didn't expect to meet a Winchester. Where's your brother?" One demon looked at him intrigued.

Sam didn't answer his question he just asked his own. "So, why are you all out here going on a rampage?"

Another demon chimed in to answer the hunter's question. "We aren't fans of crowley's little regime. So, we decided to rebel."

"Maybe if we hurt one of his favorite humans he'll fuck off." A lady took out her knife.

But Sam had other plans and kicked the demon that was holding him down in the knees which caused him to let go allowing the hunter to stab two more demons before one slammed him against a tree. He was holding him against it using his powers. "Okay, fun's over."

While he held the hunter down the other demons started kicking and beating him before one stabbed him in the chest. They wanted to do more and Sam flinched thinking he would be stabbed again. The pain was unbearable as the taste of iron felt his mouth. He wanted to put his hands on the wound to press down and stop the bleeding but he couldn't move.

But instead of being stabbed he saw a bright light in front of him.

"You fucked with the wrong person, assholes." Another bright light spread through the forest pulverizing every last demon and a few trees. After it Gabriel turned around and kneeled in front of his love. "Oh, honey, you look pretty beaten up." He leaned down and gave the hunter a kiss quickly healing him.

"What were you thinking going in there alone?!" The angel put their foreheads together and took a deep breath. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scream at you."

Sam just pulled the other into a hug. "Sorry, I was careless. I shouldn't have made the mistakes I did."

"I've missed you. I don't even know how long it's been." Gabriel pulled him even closer. "I love you, Samsquatch."

Sam laughed a bit and kissed him, again. "How did you know I was in trouble?"

"I told you I would keep an eye on you."

"Where you watching me all the time?"

"No, no, no! Of course not that would be creepy, though I wouldn't mind watching you shower and-" Gabriel smirked at the other.

"Right, I'll just cut you off right there. Anyways, are you gonna stay for a while or?" Sam looked at him hopeful he had missed him a lot. More than he would like to admit. He missed just simply having him around and near him.

Gabriel looked away trying to avoid the other's gaze. "Look, Sam, I have to- I mean I wish I could. I want to but we are no closer to solving this than when we started."

When he looked up to meet the other's stare he noticed how tried he looked. Gabriel knew that Sam had issues sleeping and it seemed that without him erasing his nightmares it got worse again. God, they all needed therapy.

The angel himself felt incredibly drained. He just wanted to spend some time away from there. Just as he wanted to say something his love spoke up.

"I understand." Sam smiled at him. "I hope everything turns out okay!" He tried to look happy. Sure, he was a bit disappointed but this wasn't Gabriel's choice and it would be unfair for him to have to feel guilty for it.

"Buuut-" The archangel paused for a bit. "I think they will be fine up there without me for a while."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Come on, let's go home, Samsquatch."

When they arrived back at the bunker the others were a bit surprised. Dean went up to them. "Damn, dude I almost thought you were dead! Not hearing your annoying voice everyday was weird."

Castiel looked a bit surprised to see the other angel back so early. "Did they resolve everything already?"

"Nope, I'm taking a break." Gabriel cuddled with his hunter's arm. "They'll be fine." He said it more to convince himself rather than the others. "We'll anyway we will go and catch up see you later." He disappeared with his boyfriend towards their room.

"Oh, I'm sure they'll catch up." Dean joked. But Gabriel just cuddled more against the other after they sat down on Sam's bed. He let his hand move through the other's facial hair.

"The beard looks good." He played with it a bit. "But then again everything looks good on you." He nuzzled his face against the other's neck chuckling a bit, just because he was happy to be with the other.

They stayed like that for a bit, just silently enjoying each other's company, until Gabriel sighed and spoke up again. "Sometimes I think that I should just give up my grace. I wouldn't have the burdens of being an archangel anymore and I wouldn't be immortal."

Sam looked at him a bit surprised. "But I thought you loved being an archangel. You know eating sweets without having to worry about getting diabetes and such."

"I know, I know. Sometimes I just think about being immortal and how shitty it can be. You will grow old and one day die while I will just sit here and watch everyone I loved die." Gabriel just shook his head and chuckled a bit. "Sorry, I just came back and I'm being all depressing and shit."

But the hunter just gave him a kiss on the forehead.  "Sometimes it's okay and good to be depressing because then you talk about it. I'll always gladly listen to you rant and talk. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I love you."  Sam closed his eyes and cuddled closer to the other. Not even a second after he did so. He fell a sleep.

Gabriel smiled to himself. "Oh my father, I love him way too much." He kissed the hunter on the head and watched him sleep making sure he wasn't plagued by any nightmares. While he was doing so he started playing with the other's hair, braiding some sections. Oh, he had missed him.