Chapter six - The Day After

As the  morning came Sam woke up pretty early. As he wanted to sit up he noticed that the little archangel was still holding on to him. So he decided that it was best not to move for now.

He looked at him studying his face. Sam then slowly brushed some hair out of the angel's face. It was extremely soft.

Just as Sam removed his hand from Gabriel's hair the archangel started to move. He woke up as well smiling as his face was nearly touching the other's.

"Morning, darling." He released Sam from his hug and sat up stretching. "Wanna go out and eat breakfast?" He snapped his fingers getting him and Sam dressed and ready to go.

The hunter was a bit worried about it. "Is that such a good idea I mean after yesterday."

Gabriel thought for a while until he had the idea of the century. "We'll just take Castiel and Dean with us." He'll then teleported them into Dean's room who was just about to get dressed.

"What the-"

"We'll all going to go and eat breakfast and you'll come along." The angel then snapped his fingers getting him ready.

After they gathered Castiel as well ,who was outside playing with some stray kittens, Gabriel teleported them to an all-you-can-eat-buffet. "Get what you want my treat." He grabbed Sam's arms again and pulled him inside with him.

Castiel and Dean just followed them. Dean himself was extremely excited because he loved eating.

As they had all gathered their food they sat down together. Dean took like all the bacon while Sam had only taken healthy food and one sweet thing because Gabriel made him.

After they were all done eating Gabriel talked about totally random things. But then he got interrupted by Dean. "Okay, enough of that. I've got a case."

That was all Dean had to say as the four of them promptly started to get up as Gabriel left more than enough money in the table. As they had left the restaurant the archangel teleported them to the car.

Gabriel and Sam sat in the back while Cas rode shotgun. They started driving. The case was about people who had burst into flames and while Dean was blasting his music through the car the tension grew.

Dean and Castiel hadn't resolved their issues. Neither did the rest. Everyone in the car knew that something was up but no one wanted to talk about It. They were like a bug dysfunctional family.

Everyone had their own issues and having another apocalypse coming didn't help. They began to envy the headlights driving south as another problem awaited them at their destination.

Gabriel got bored and closed his eyes. He leaned against Sam's shoulders trying to sleep. He was calmer when they touched. The archangel was very fond of the other.

Sam himself tried not to move as if the other was easy to break. He saw him as something vulnerable and not some indestructible weapon from heaven.

As Castiel saw them he smiled slightly because seeing them that calm was something so mundane and normal. He was happy to see that at least they were getting along.

But as his gaze fell upon Dean his mood dropped because the other was just driving using his music to drown out the rest. The angel knew he was hurting but he didn't know what he could do so he concentrated on the road again.

They drove almost the whole day and arrived at the Motel as the sun was already setting. Sam nudged Gabriel to wake him up.

The four then booked a room and made their way to it. Dean instantly went to take a shower as Sam sat down on the sofa to do some more research. Gabriel sat down as well putting his legs on Sam's.

He then ate some gummy bears. Castiel just sat down on a chair. After a while Gabriel lightly kicked against Sam's leg. "Ey, ey, Sam look how many gummy bears I can fit into my mouth!" The archangel pushed another one in as Dean stepped out of the bathroom.

Sam looked over at the angel who was sitting there his mouth fully filled with gummy bears as he spread his arms. Needless to say Sam nearly lost his shit as he laughed at the archangel who was yet again supposed to be heaven's most deadly weapons.

Dean felt warm inside as he saw his little brother laugh like that. He was glad that Sammy was laughing. It must have been a long time since he had last seen him like that.

Gabriel than nearly choked on the gummy bears making Sam laugh even more. "God, you're such an idiot."

The archangel then sat up again. "But I'm a funny idiot right?" He was now only inches away from Sam's face. "Admit it. I made you laugh." He grinned as Sam just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, okay." He then pushed Gabriel off of him. "I'm gonna go shower as well."

"Want me to come with you?" Gabriel smirked at Sam who just disappeared into the bathroom.

As Sam left the room tension entered it again because the three of them still hadn't resolved the issues that were brought up the last evening.

Castiel knew that and notice the tension that was in the air. "Hey, Gabriel can we maybe take a walk?"

"Sure." and with that Gabriel and Castiel left the Motel room and walked up to a bench.

"Hey, Cassie can I ask you something." Gabriel looked down at his hands and after the other agreed he started talking again. "So you're in love with Dean right? How to you accept the fact that he's mortal? I mean he will die one day."

Castiel was a bit overwhelmed by how bold the other was. He took a bit to answer. "I try to not think about it. I mean maybe I'll die prior to him. Everything passes and I think I've learned to enjoy the things while they are still here. But I must say I'm kind of curious on why you're asking. Has it anything to do with Sam?"

Gabriel felt as if he were caught. But he honestly wasn't ready to talk about it yet as he didn't know what he felt. "I'm actually wondering on why you and Dean aren't together then. I mean you said it live in the moment."

Castiel noticed that Gabriel wasn't comfortable to talk about that yet. So he just answered the other's question. "I mean I can feel that he feels the same but I don't want to push him. Dean is complicated and he's got his mind on the whole Mary thing so."

"Well, distract him a bit from it. I bet it would help him." The archangel stood up. "I think Sam is done showering. We can go back inside now."

As the two angels stepped back inside the Motel Sam and Dean were talking about the case. Castiel then just walked up to Dean and kissed him.

"Cas, what The-"

"Dean, shut up I love you and I know you feel the same."

Sam just looked at Gabriel in confusion as the other two kissed again.

Gabriel grabbed Sam and teleported them out of there. "What did you do, Gabe?"

"I talked with my brother." He grinned.

Sam smiled a bit. "Okay, I'm happy that they're finally together. But where are we gonna go?"