Chapter twenty-three - Talks about heaven

A few days had passed since the Karaoke incident. Gabriel was in the infirmary since Rowena got everything ready for the spell to heal him. Sam stayed by his side through the whole thing.

Meanwhile Dean and Cas sat in the hunter's room and watched some Netflix. Cas sat on top of him and leaned against him with the hunter's head on his shoulders and his arms around his hips.

The angel had never been so happy. He had loved him for so long and every minute with him was something he cherished. All these things he felt made him feel so mundane and nearly like a human. He had been a human once after all.

It had been the first time he had seen his hunter's real face since as he was an angel he used to see his soul. Both were extremely beautiful and he had made sure to memorize every bit of his face so that he could always remember it.

Dean had never wanted to be in a relationship because he didn't want his significant other to get hurt due to his job. But with Castiel it was possible. His angel was capable of protecting himself though that didn't stop him from worrying about him.

The hunter kissed the other on his head and turned the TV off as they were getting bored. "You wanna go out? Like a date?" They never had a first date as there was always something getting in their way.

Castiel smiled widely and nodded. He was excited as he always wanted to go on a date with Dean. It was one of the many couple things he wanted to do with him. "Where do you want to go?"

The hunter just kissed him and smirked. "It's a surprise."

So the two left the bunker and started driving off. Dean pulled up to an old barn. A really familiar barn. It was the one where they first met.

"What are we doing here exactly?" Cas was confused. He didn't really know why the other brought him here

The hunter got a basket out of the trunk which he had packed beforehand and took his angel's hand. "Just trust me okay." He led him inside the barn where he had put up some decoration and fairy lights. "I wasn't sure where I should take you on our first date. At first I thought about a fancy restaurant but than I just asked Sammy. He said that I should take you somewhere personal that means something to us. So, I thought I'll take you to the place we first properly met."

The angel was surprised and touched. He knew thought his boyfriend could be this romantic. It meant a lot to him that the other seemed to try so hard just to make him happy.

Castiel thought back to that day. He had been a completely different person and to be honest looking back he hated himself back then. Him being all stuck up and a good little soldier was what drifted him and Gabriel apart and sparked the incident. His brother had meant a lot to him but he had fucked everything up.

As the hunter noticed how upset the other looked he took his hand. "Is everything alright, Cas?"

The angel pushed these thoughts away and nodded. "Sorry, yeah I was just thinking of the past." He smiled and immediately forgot his worries as he looked at the other.

After Dean asked again and was met with a 'yes', they started eating. The hunter had also packed some wine because he wanted to be fancy. They finished the meal and drank some of the wine.

"I'm really happy that you were the one who dragged me out of hell." Dean kissed the other lightly.

"Well, I volunteered to do it so-"

"You volunteered? Why?"

"Because if I'm completely honest seeing you face awoke emotions in me that I hadn't felt in thousands of years. Michael was asking if someone volunteered to get you out and showed everyone a picture of you. It was like I think you call it love at first sight."

"What emotions do you mean? Like love?" Dean was a bit confused. But he was touched nonetheless.

Cas cuddled against him and smiled softly. "It's a long one. Stop me if you get bored." He took a sip of the wine and continued. "I didn't necessarily feel love it was more that you made me feel happy. You have to understand I like heaven but I wasn't really happy there not after I had fallen out with Gabriel and after Balthazar left.

Michael started making soldiers out of the angels after Luzifer left. Soldiers who repressed their emotions. Every angel has a freewill but we were repressing it because if you weren't there was punishment. Balthazar left before Michael could get his hands on him. Gabe helped him escape he tried to help me too but I was too blinded by the thought of helping people.

We both said things that we can't take back and with our relationship in ruins I full on went with Michael and his plan. Gabriel helped all the angels that wanted to to escape which is why he and Michael got into a fight. Before he could fall or had to fight Michael he left he had nothing left in heaven because as much as he loved Raphael and him they just kept on fighting.

Raphael didn't agree with Michael so he distant himself from everything. He only took back over when Michael started his search for God. And me? I just listened to him and did everything I was told to. At least I did so until I met you."

"Damn, I don't know what to say to that." Dean was dumbfounded he just held his love and kissed him on the forehead.

Castiel wasn't upset or down he didn't really care about his past. The only thing he regretted was falling out with Gabriel but he just ignored that thought. He was just happy to spend some alone time with his boyfriend.

"You don't have to say anything. I'm bot sad or anything so there's no need to say anything. Let's just continue or date." The angel smiled and kissed the other. His hands slid on top of the other's.

Dean just kissed him back and brushed his thumb along the other's hand.

They stayed like that for a while just holding hands and sharing some kisses. The two then got back to the car and drove back towards the bunker. Castiel thought about his brother for a bit and decided that they should talk.