Chapter twenty-one - Inside the beast's lair

Gabriel sighed. "Well, this is certainly overdramatic but also kind of disappointing. If you want to make a dramatic entrance say it with more power behind it." He shook his head.

The girl looked infuriated as she angrily marched towards him. "How dare you?! Do you even take this serious? You two are going to die!"

"Nah, I don't think so." Gabriel gathered his strength to show off his wings. He tried his best to seem normal and let his archangel blade drop into his hand. "You cockblocked the wrong people. I mean come on we were hunting you and you were foolish enough to lead us to your lair."

Sam's mouth escaped a chuckle as he found it way too amusing how his boyfriend was talking to them. He was worried sure but seeing how Gabe was so calm relaxed him.

"Don't try to fool us. We can smell your blood. You're weak." The girl smirked. "And we're over thirty you are only two."

"You may have us outnumbered and you may have strength but we are two big brains." Gabriel looked smug even though he just started to spill out nonsense because he got nervous.

"I always wanted to know what archangel blood tastes like." A pretty buff looking guy started moving towards him making Sam move in front of his angel. "Don't you dare to fucking touch him", he hissed at the vampire.

But the vampires didn't care and started attacking them. At first, they were able to fight the other's off but after a while it got overwhelming.

Gabriel got punched in the stomach where his stab wound was making him scream in pain. He started to tumble but managed to stay on his feet. The vampires used this to grab him an hold him in place.

Sam tried his best to fight his way through to him but was also restrained. He did try to wiggle his way out of their grasp but it was no use. There were too many even after they managed to kill a bunch.

"Looks like you underestimated us." The buff looking vampire took Gabriel's blade from him and held it up to his throat. "Let's have some fun."

The archangel didn't know what to do so he tried to bullshit his way out of it. "Oh, you do not want to do this. If you kill or hurt me my brothers will do worse especially Lucifer." But the vampires didn't care. He shot a glance to Sam where the girl that they were led here by was headed to.

She grinned and let his hand run over his neck. "Maybe I'll turn you. You're  pretty." She got closer nearly making their lips touch but quickly moved away. "But first let's get rid of your friend."

"Boyfriend" Gabriel chimed in making her look at him. "And I must agree Samsquatch is really handsome. But I would appreciate if you, skank, keep your hands off of him!" He was annoyed. First, the bitch cockblocks him and now she's flirting with his boyfriend. He spat in her direction as he couldn't move otherwise.

"Did you just spit at me?!" She went up to him and slapped him across the face. "You will pay for disrespecting me!"

"Yeah, I want to see that." Gabriel chuckled. He tried to get his hand free but as he moved the other vampire lightly scratched him with the archangel blade making him bleed a bit.

Gabe felt panic rise to his head. He was trapped. Thoughts started racing through his head on how he could get Sam and him out of here. He could try to call on his big brother but he really didn't want to. So he kept thinking until he felt the girl grab his hair.

She pulled on it to stretch his neck.  Gabriel felt sharp teeth puncturing his skin before he could even react. It felt as if someone pushed a hot needle through it. Not even a second passed before he felt another set of teeth cut into him.

After a bit, he felt light-headed as if he were to pass out. But before that could happen a strong power wave knocked everyone around him away just like it happened in the infirmary.

As he was able to focus again he looked around scanning the area for Sam. He was unconscious in front of a tree.

The archangel hurried to him just to see that his head was bleeding. The hunter had been thrown against the tree. Gabriel was filled with guilt and worry.

But the vampires started to rise again before he could face his feeling. He had to come up with a solution fast. He wasn't strong enough to take them on or to make a shield. But there was one way he could protect Sam.

The archangel summoned his last strand of power to materialize his wings. He engulfed his boyfriend in them shielding him from any harm. Sure this would certainly damage his wings but the other's life was more important.

He felt the vampires scratching at his wings. It hurt like hell. But he had to focus on calling his big brother to save his ass again. He felt weak and pathetic.

After what seemed like forever having his feathers ripped out he heard the vampires screaming and heads dropping. He shifted his gaze away from Sam and met Lucifer's eyes. Just looking at him made the younger archangel feel weak.

Lucifer went up to them and helped them up. "What were you thinking?! You are an idiot! Using your wings of all things to shield him!"

Gabriel tried to hold Sam but was himself too weak so his brother took him. He tried to avoid the other's gaze and struggled to walk on his own. Lucifer wanted to help him but Gabe insisted on being fine and able to walk.

Just now did Castiel and Dean arrives. Cas also got Gabriel's call. They hurried there as soon as they could. Dean and Castiel took care of Sam while Lucifer looked at his brother's injuries.

"You are so stupid! I can't believe you. Of course, you had to tag along instead of doing the responsible thing. Everything has to be amusing which is why if things get serious you leave! It's a wonder that you didn't leave Sam yet." The devil rolled his eyes annoyed while he started to remove some broken feathers from the other's wings.

Gabriel didn't need someone to yell at him. He knew too well that he fucked up and he could never forgive himself for hurting Sam. Sure it was an accident but still, it was his fault.

"I'm sorry." His voice was shaking. "I know I fucked up I'm sorry. I can never ever forgive myself for hurting him. Dammit, why do I always have to fuck everything up?! I never do anything right." His gaze never left the floor. He hated himself more than usual.