Chapter sixteen - I need air

It had been 4 days since they returned home and Gabriel hated it because he wasn't allowed to move. He just wanted to walk around, help and spend quality time with his Samsquatch. It was extremely boring and frustrating. Sure he could watch Netflix but he wanted to go out and do stuff.

"Saaaam, I want to go out. Please." The archangel was like a little kid pleading with its mother. He sat up but immediately flinched.

Sam slowly pushed the other down. "You need to stay in bed. You're still hurt badly and I bet you couldn't even walk."

Gabriel grinned from ear to ear. "What if I don't have to walk?" He pointed at the wheelchair.

"No, way. You need to stay put and rest." The hunter looked serious as he still blamed himself for the other's severe injuries. "I can't let you risk getting hurt again."

Even though the archangel was hurt and directed all his powers to healing himself he could still feel how Sam tortured himself. So he shuffled to the side of the bed making room for the other next to him. It had hurt a bit. But it was overall okay.

Gabriel then gestured for his boyfriend to lay down next to him and so he did. The archangel cuddled up against him.

"This wasn't your fault. I'm okay and I would never blame you for anything. What happened to me was out of tour control." He brushed his hand against the other's cheek looking him in the eye. "There was nothing that you could have done. I love you and you did nothing wrong okay?"

Sam was touched but couldn't shake his feeling of guilt. He let him get hurt and it was his fault that he was now stuck in bed.

"But if you still think it's your fault you can make it better. Take me outside, please. I'm going crazy in here and I need some air."

"Okay." Sam stood up and carefully lifted his boyfriend into the wheelchair. He hesitated multiple times since Gabriel flinched in pain. But the archangel assured him that it was okay and to keep going.

So the two went out into the main living area which was filled with a lot of people. As their gaze fell upon Gabriel they started to whisper about multiple things.

The archangel was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable until Jack came over to them. "Are you feeling better?" He smiled.

"Yeah! I mean just getting out of that room helps." He chuckled a bit trying his best not to flinch. "Do you know where your father is?"

Jack just shrugged. "I think he's in his room."

Gabriel quickly thanked the other and told Sam to bring him there. As he knocked on the door Lucifer told them to get in and so they did.

The younger brother smiled at him. "I'm going out with isn't that great. How are you by the way?"

His brother looked at him for a bit before answering. "I'm fine. But you are not going out."

"Yes, I am! The doctor also said it was fine and Sam already agreed." He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"You're going to die if any angel or stronger demon comes at you. No offense Sam but if you were to be attacked by a group of demons you would be too occupied with trying to protect him to be able to think straight." Lucifer paused again. "I'll come with you."

Gabriel thought that was catastrophic since he just wanted to spend time alone with his love. "Oh, I don't think that's-"

But before he could try and decline Sam interrupted him. "That would be great. Thank you." A wave of worry fell off the hunter's shoulders. He was glad that he had someone to protect his angel.