Chapter fifteen - Time to go home

The group was already on their way to get to the rift. They were driving there as it was faster and easier. After they arrived at the rift they made everyone step through it until there were only the Winchesters, Gabriel, Lucifer and some soldiers left.

But Micheal came crashing down on the earth before them just as they wanted to leave. He killed the soldiers. "Gentlemen."

Lucifer went up to him without hesitation to which Michael looked amused. "Lu, you don't really want to try this again. Do you?"

The third brother, Gabriel, looked worried. Michael was a soldier he was too strong for them.

"Ehm, yeah." The fallen brother grinned a bit and attacked the oldest.

Sam and Dean weren't sure wether or not they should intervene as this seemed to be a family matter. On top of that they weren't sure on what they could even do against the archangel Michael.

Gabriel wanted to intervene. "Lucifer, he's too strong!" He was again reminded on how the two always used to fight when they were little.

But his brother didn't listen to him as he continued to fight and sure enough he was knocked away and hurt. Michael stepped passed him and turned his attention to the youngest. He looked surprised and a glimmer of sadness sat on his face.

"Can it be? Gabriel?" He always loved his little brother. Sure they didn't always get along since Gabriel had a profound bond with Lucifer. But Michael never held a grudge against him. He loved him and Raphael deeply.

But Gabriel was on the opposite side. He looked at the brothers especially at Sam. "Go. I can buy you some time."

The archangel's boyfriend looked at him as if he had just killed a child. "Gabriel, no don't." He knew that the other couldn't make it and he couldn't lose him.

"All I ever did on earth was run. I'm not running anymore."

Sam wanted to stop him, to say something but he couldn't. He was paralyzed with fear. It was a kind of fear he had never felt before. He feared of losing the other.

"Go!" Gabriel got his archangel blade out and stepped towards Michael. He knew that what he was doing was suicide but the only thing that mattered now was Sam.

Sam on the other hand didn't want this. He was pulled away by his brother. "Gabriel, stop! This is suicide!" He tried calling out to him. But the archangel was set on facing Michael. "Please, I need you!"

It hurt Gabriel to hear his love pleading like that. But he also knew that if he wouldn't do anything they would all die.

He attacked his brother and actually got he good hit in his face. But he was no match. It wasn't long before he was disarmed and held in a position where he couldn't move. As he saw the other turn his blade to be able to stab him he knew it was over.

But he wasn't sad as he would die for something he loved. So he smiled thinking about his love and how he found his place in the world.

Everything moved in time lapse.

Sam's eyes started to fill with tears as he tried to get away from Dean. He screamed for it to stop while he was pulled further away and unable to do something against the situation.

Dean tried his best to hold Sam back as losing him as well wouldn't help. But it was hard on him, too. He liked the archangel.

Michael dreaded what he needed to do. But his brother gave him no choice. So he raised the blade.

Gabriel expected to be met with a sharp pain and the end. Sure enough he felt an incredible pain but he didn't die? The archangel looked down and saw the other's blade stuck in his stomache. But he didn't see his brother standing there since he was thrown away.